24 May 2014

I spent the weekend in bath (Bath)

Hallooooo!

Why is time going by so fast!? It is only a week ago that I went to Bath! And I don't think I need more of an introduction than I just gave you...`

Here is the video.

Friday leaving after work
That is right. Friday morning I took my lovely purple The North Face duffel bag S on the train during rush hour to my work placement. I can tell you, it was interesting. People glaring at you, secretly cursing you because you take up more space than usual.

Friday at work was uneventful. The weather was very inconsistant. First it was raining like crazy, 10minutes later beautiful blue sky and sunshine. It went on like that the whole day.

Thankfully the sun came through again when I walked from my work placement to Paddington station. My train was leaving at 19h30 so I had some time to kill. Eating dinner was one priority and drinking a Costa coffee was another priority.

Everything went very smoothly. My train arrived on time, no annoying travelers on the train, etc. I saw the most beautiful sunset as well.

As you can see, it was a long trip
Definitly ready for the weekend
Arriving in Bath was super exciting for me, because I was looking forward to this trip for such a long time. 

The fabulous life in a hostel
I stayed in a hostel called St Christophers Inn in the centre of Bath. Perfect location and cheap. I couldn't ask for a better deal. Downside to the hostel: it was situated above a pub. Which meant on friday night alot of youngsters going out. Between 11:30 p.m and 2:30 a.m. I slept for short periods because everytime I almost fell asleep, someone had to start laughing, singing or shouting in the street. By 2:30 a.m. I realised I had some earplugs in my make up bag. Thank god for those!


Jane Austen tour
When I woke up the next morning, I experienced the strangest thing. I realised my roommates were up and walking through the room, but I couldn't hear anything so I couldn't wake up properly. Kinda creepy actually. When I finally put 1 and 1 together, I took out my earplugs and my day began at 8:15 a.m.

I didn't want to start the Jane Austen tour before 9:30 a.m because I wanted to eat breakfast at Sally Lunn's bun, but that place didn't open until 10. So I had some time to kill in the hostel and I started talking to a Canadian girl. She was still studying, but decided to take a break and travel. UK was her first stop and then she would travel through to Germany. She was leaving in the afternoon.

So when 9:30 a.m. came around, I started the Jane Austen tour. Mum sent me the link a couple of weeks ago. It is basically an audio tour that you can download and upload to your iPod. It is like having a private guide telling you everything you need to know about Jane Austens time in Bath. And you basically see the whole town on the way, because Bath isn't that big.

Watch the video linked above to do some sight seeing.

I have to admit: the moment I was walking on the Gravel Walk to the Royal Cresent, I was genuily nervous. I was so excited I would see that famous buidling. It didn't disappoint.
The Royal Cresent. Thank god I had my smartphone with me, because my camera can't take panorama pictures...
Along the way I made many stops to visit museums or go to other parts in town that were not on the audio tour.
Great Pulteney str by day
Great Pulteney str by night
Cool ATM
Beautiful view at Camden Cresent
Abbey by night
Meeting Arne half way.
Whilst I was still in Belgium, my friend Arne was already studying in New Port. When I told him I would be doing an internship in London, it made absolute sense to meet each other since we'd be in the same country again.

But apparently New Port is a bit dull, so Arne asked if we could meet somewhere else, like Bristol or Bath or Cardiff. With the mention of Bath, I didn't hesitate. It was on my to do list, so I said OK. Since Arne isn't that into Jane Austen, he left me to my tour and enjoyment on Saturday. On Sunday I met him in the station. Pretty random, knowing that we know each other since 2nd year in high school (since we were 13years old) and that we'd have never ever imagined back then that we would meet in Bath, 9years later.

Home sickness: nooooooone
London city: loooooovely
New people: noooooo one
New words: fang= canine; pending= in anticipation of; allocate= assign

So, I am going to finish this week's blog here. well, it was actually a blog about my trip to Bath during the weekend...

Thanks for reading!

xo - Sara 

P.s.: Yet again if my English isn't perfect! I know I've been living here for two months now, but it is still not my native language!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...