20 May 2014

Noah, Gandalf, Nigel and Charles Xavier

Hallooooo!

Well didn't came this week's blog late? My apology, I have had a very busy weekend.

So, after last week's blog with the Harry Potter tour and all, last weekend was just not that eventful. I mean, is there anything else that can top Harry Potter? That's right, I don't think so. Saturday shopping it was and on Monday I casually walked on Leicester square and saw some bits and pieces of the X-men premiere.

Here is the video, do not expect that much of it, but just enjoy it.


Saturday shopping
Molly went home for the weekend. Not for pleasure, but for work. She has organised an event for her graduation project, so obviously she had to be there.

But since Molly was going back home, a lot of people had been asking Molly to bring stuff from the UK that we didn't have in Belgium. End result: Molly running all over town to try and find everything for everyone... Bless her.

To break the running around all over town, I had a voucher to watch Noah: 2 tickets at the price of 1. Since 'watching a movie on Leicester square' was on my to do list, why not take advantage of this lovely opportunity. And thank god we had that voucher, because going to a movie on Leicester square will cost you £13... £13!!! That's €16!!!! I love going to the movies, but that is just a bit too much...
Odeon West End Leicester square whoop whoop!
Anyway, the movie started at 5p.m. and finished at 7:40p.m. Two houres and 40 minutes of awesomness, because I really recommend to watch this movie on the big screen. It is not exactly a movie you will like to watch on a Thursday night.... + Beware of the story, it is still about religion! Russel Crowe did an awesome job, because at one point I just really want to slap Noah. Only great actors can achieve such irritation. 

Monday: X-men, Days of Future Past
Yes, yes, monday was premiere time again! Eventhough it was raining like crazy, I went to Leicester square to behold the event. And I thought: If Ian McKellen can stand the rain, so can I. Of course Ian McKellen had an awesome big see through umbrella and I did not... 

And I have to admit, seeing Sir Ian McKellen live on big screen, it hit me. Overwelmed. Starstruck, as you might say. Not that I was hyperventilating or anything like that, but it hit me, again, that so many people can create something so beautiful as motion picture. To let people get out of reality for 2hours. And that actors are a part of that creation. That they are the embodiment of the characters we so much love and dislike.
Ian McKellen, legend
Wet feet :(
To my big surprise Stanley Tucci was there as well. As if Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf, Magneto,...) and James McAvoy (to name a few) weren't enough.
Stanley Tucci
James McAvoy
Like previous times, there were a lot of people and because it was raining there were a lot of umbrellas as wel. That limited the view even more... Thank god there are benches on Leicester square, so I could get an overview on the whole situation.
 
James McAvoy from a far.
On my way home I saw a beautiful rainbow. Because that happens here a lot: blue sky in one place and daaark clouds in another.

As you can tell, this week's blog is short and uneventful. Nice change I'd say, because next week is going to be busyyyyy!!

Home sickness: none
London city: same old same old, love it
New people: none
New words: ajar= small opening; consignment= shipment

That's it for this week. I'll try my very best to upload this week's blog this weekend, as normal!!

Thanks for reading!

xo - Sara


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...