18 January 2015

Into the Woods and a pretty crappy week

Halloooo

Second week of 2015 living in London. Second week at my job. Second week back in the crazy house I've been living for the past 6 months.

Saturday cleaning and tidying
It was pretty boring. Just tidying my room and cleaning the house. Was pretty useless because 3days later is was just as dirty as 3 days before and nobody seems to bother to clean. On Saturday I also ventured out to buy a mixing bowl, spatula and ladle. Very exciting stuff, as you can tell. I also started reading in Paper Towns by John Green (same writer as the Fault in our Stars)


Into the woods at 11am on Sunday.
That's right. I went to Croydon Sunday morning. First to have some breakfast at Costa and read in the book Paper Towns. I'm reading that book in between my book series of the Mortal Instruments because it's for work :) Anyway, at 11am I was seated at Vue Croydon to see the movie Into the Woods. I recommend it, but I'd say it's not necessary to watch it on a big screen. The cast is GREAT (Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine, Anna Kendrick, James Corden, etc), beautiful songs, beautifully sang, amazing set, etc. But at one point I thought it was going to end, but then it didn't so mentally I had to reprogramme myself. And even though it was great (beautiful ending) it wasn't neccesarry for me. But overall I'd recommend it :)



In the afternoon I made use of my new mixer, mixing bowl, spatula and ladle :) PANCAKES (or, well, crepes...). I also had a long chat with my neighbour (the one living with his son) and he was complaining, as usual, but now also about some tenants not paying gas and electricity, like they should. Or they do not recycle and clean, like they should. Pretty frustrating. I also learned that he has 6 sons and 5 grandchilrden. And a 6th is on the way. It was nice to see him talk about something without complaining :)




Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Overall I had a pretty crappy week. Yes, that for my second week at my very exciting new job. On Monday and Tuesday, the trains where delayed. I couldn't sit down on the train into town. And for the entire week London Victoria underground was overflowing with people. So the two times I took a few trains later and therefor had to take the metro in order to be on time in the office, I couldn't. Which meant I was late twice this week -.-

And also, my neighbour's son, 15yr old, woke me up on Tuesday evening by slamming kitchen cupboards and pots and pans like it was 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday, but now at midnight. And you can hear everything in the house. So for about half an hour he was making a lot of noice so I couldn't fall back a sleep again. And by the time he was done in the kitchen I was wide awake til 3am. Frustrations frustrations.

But Thursday evening made up for a lot of the crappiness. Someone from the Design team left the office and had a goodbye party on Thursday. I had a blast :)

This is like bowling, but then with golf x)
Friday was a better day, but I was also glad it was weekend :)

So, that's my second week of 2015 back in London :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...