5 September 2016

Introduction to the motorbike

Halloooo!!

As mentioned in my previous post, Sunday was possibly the highlight of my week in Belgium. Saturday before we had a barbecue with the family and then on Monday evening I took the train back to London.  And as for the rest of the week, it was working week as usual.

So Sunday morning my dad and I left really early to a training track an hour and 15minutes away from where we live. The journey was so quiet and beautiful. The rising sun, not too hot, little traffic,...

It was a one day course, starting from 9am until 5.30pm with an hour lunch break. Classes were in French, which went much better than I had expected :) My understanding of French is much better than my active use of the language, which is a start I guess :)


The first hour was theory for everybody and at 10 we were devided in the 3 classes: discovery, advanced and master. The discovery class turned out to be all ladies, which was a lot of fun :)

In the morning it was the first meeting with the motorbike. How it works, how to change gear, how to stop, etc. And after lunch we did some exercises on turning and stopping quite suddenly.







It does run in the family x)




Although my jacket was waaaay to big and my motorbike slightly too small, I had the best time and it was a good first introduction to the motorbike. I might look into getting my driver's licence now...x)

So Monday was a day stayed at home. I went to buy chocolate to take with me to UK, packed my bag, did some DIY, etc. By 6pm I sat on the train to Brussels, from where I would take the Eurostar back to London...

Tuesday morning I was back at the office... And the rest of the week passed very uneventful...

So that is it for this week's update!

If anyone in Belgium is interested in a discovery course or advance/master course in motorcycling, Touring organised various days in the weekend for anyone who's interested :) http://training.touring.be/

As always, thanks for reading :)
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...