20 March 2016

A birthday off -- Walking on Tower Bridge, visiting HMS Belfast and watching Spotlight

Hallooooo!

So, this blog post will mainly be about one specific day this week. Wednesday. My birthday!^^ We have this thing at the office were everyone is allowed to take the day off on their birthday. I'm very grateful for this as I know it is not customary in a lot of work places.

So Wednesday I was determined to make it a most blisful day. And that is what it was. I woke up bright an early to catch breakfast at the Breakfast Club near Liverpool street station. After breakfast I wandered a bit around Old Spitalfield market, but there wasn't a lot to see, so I made my way to Tower Bridge. I had a voucher to visit the HMS Belfast and I figured Wednesday was the perfect day to visit it.

Whilst I was crossing the Tower Bridge I saw that you can actually visit the Tower Bridge and that there is an exhibition aswell. You can actually walk on the two walkways that connect the North tower and the South Tower!! £9 and you have an amazing view over South Bank and City of London, Canary Warf in the distance and even a lovely view of the cars and pedestrians beneath your feet x)






Fun Fact: the two walkways connecting the two towers were closed in 1910 due to the prostitutes and pickpockets who were present on the walkways.


The entire tour took me a little over an hour. After that I wandered around South Bank for a little bit and to snap this side of the Tower Bridge, before heading over to the HMS Belfast.



The HMS Belfast is pretty spectacular. It is part of the Imperial War museum, just like the Churchil War Rooms. You get an audio guide that will lead to through the entire Royal Navy light cruiser. And I do mean the entire ship. You go as far as the freaking engine rooms!





After about 3hours on the ship (it was nearly 4pm already) I finally listened to the final stop on the audio guide, got off the ship and made my way to Oxford Circus. I wanted to do a little bit of shopping, but that turned into one giant flop x) So instead I decided to walk to Odeon Panton street, just behind Leicester square. I really wanted to see Spotlight. I got there 30min before the movie started and the staff at the cinema were so lovely! They gave me free bag of popcorn, a bottle of water and a hot chocolat for free because it was my birthday! Now that is good service :)

I highly recommend Spotlight by the way! The entire cast is sublime, the story is gripping and spine tingling and it is just so well done!

After the movie I made my way home, got into bed and had a lovely night sleep ^^

On Thursday we had cake at the office as per usual when it's someone's birthday so I did get to blow out some candles on a cake ;)

Friday after work I had to take the Eurostar back home :) Yep, that's right, I went home for the weekend. And as always, it's so lovely to see everyone again ^^ An old friend in particular. We hardly hear eachother, it's been nearly two years since I last saw him, but from the first minute we got together it was like we saw each other last week. Although we had a lot more to catch up on x) Same goes with Molly. I saw her and we immediately started talking like we just got together the day before. Those are the friends to hold on to :) And sincerely hope that everyone will have to people in their lives

But, that's it for this week. I'm not sure when I'll be able to upload the coming week's post. It'll be Easter and I'm going to Cambridge for a couple days! Very excited about that ^^

Anyway, so far my little weekly update. Dad, I hope you enjoyed this ;)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...