11 June 2014

Come with me on my way to work, yay!

Hallooo!!

Yes yes, this week's blog is actually not this week's blog anymore, but last week's blog. My apology. Last weekend I had very lovely company visiting me from Belgium. But more on that in this weekend's blog post.

For now I am going to talk about the exciting things I've done two weekends ago *cough cough*. I have to admit, it wasn't a fancy one. Just a chill weekend sleeping in, relaxing and enjoy the laid back way of life.

On Saturday I went to Primrose Hill with Molly and on Sunday we went to Westfield, Stratford in an attemped to find a suitable dress for Molly to attend a wedding.

Oh and on Tueday I filmed my lovely route to and from work.

Here's the video:

Primrose Hiiiilll
It is just one of those thing you need to do when you are in London, but only when the weather is nice. I'd planned it a couple of times before, but the weather didn't cooperate... That's what you have when you are living in the UK.

But on Saturday it was supposed to stay dry, so it was now or never. Molly and I took the train into town and the metro to Camden Town. After a lovely lunch at pizza express, we set off to find Primrose hill. As you can see on the picture below, Primrose hill is situated above Regent park. Up North, as you can say.


Now, what make Primrose hill so special that everybody oh's and ah's about it? I wasn't sure what the fuzz was about either. But ones you have seen the view, you'll understand. Indeed, the view on London city is that you'll find up there. I've only seen the city from the South. With the West end on the left and the Est end on the right (duh). Now everything was reversed. I mean, the London Eye on the right!? Didn't make sense!


As you can see, it was a bit cloudy that day, but I was glad it didn't rain! And the weather was more than warm enough! Before Molly and I knew it, we sat there talking for more than an hour.


Our way to the hill was wonderful as well. I only knew Camden from the crazy main street and the cute stalls where they sell cool stuff. But we pasted a number of beautiful houses. Tall, old and full of character. Molly and I started very quickly to imagine what it would be like to life in a place like that. Always a fun thing to do :)


Westfield, Stratford
I have filmed some bits and pieces of our shopping trip to the huuuge mall in Stratford, but it just wasn't interesting enough to share it with you.

The only things I can say about that day and that mall are:
1) Waaaaaay too many people!
2) HUGE mall with waaaay too many shops
3) We didn't find a dress for Molly

So basically the whole point of this trip failed. Ok, I have to admit, we only looked in Primark. Molly needed to bring back some items and whilest we were there we checked the dress section. Notting to impressive... I also like to mention that that Primark was a complete mess. And there were way too many people. So, after that, we were pretty much in a 'meh' mood.  We went to Accessorize and Victoria's Secret to buy scarves and fragrances and to Boots for some toothpaste and deodorant. Important! But those are about on 100 of the amount of stores they have in Westfield!

Come along with me on my way to work!
On Tuesday I filmed my route to and from work, just so you have an idea of what it is like to travel here in London :) It takes me one hour to go into town. 30min by train and about 5min by metro. And a dashing 25min goes to walking (I sort of get some exercise...) On Sunday I started reading my 6th book since I've been here. And I genuily look forward to the train rides because that means I can read without interruption :)

On that note (mentioning work) here are some photos of the office :)
I know I know, you have seen this one before.
Top floor
Ground floor
This one is standing in the boardroom
That's it for this week. As you can see, it wasn't so exciting. "It can't always be a party", as my mum would say. Pity, pity! But next blog will be a party again x) So make sure to keep your eyes open for that one!

New words: Remittance= bank transfer; toe tapper= catchy music

See you next week!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...