13 March 2016

How to survive a dragging day. (Panic! At The Disco seems to be the answer ;))

Hallooooo!!

So this is going to be a slightly different blog post than my usual weekly update. Reason being: I didn't do a thing this week. Saturday and Sunday were spent watching Lost in Austen, Austenland and Pride and Prejudice (2005). You can say it was a pretty Jane Austen filled weekend ;)

During the week nothing exciting happend either. Hold on, I did meet up with an old friend from high school. I see him once a year and usually when he is in London on a school trip. It's really cool to have friends you can literally see every 12 months and yet nothing would have changed. No awkwardness, only catching up on the past 12 months :)

To cut a 'long' story 'short', blogging wise, I have little to show for week 10. But there is one thing I do like to talk about. Hurray! And this is: how to get through a day that just seems to keep on dragging on. Don't we have them all?

Thursday 10th March 2016 was such an incredibly difficult day. Not to worry, nothing terrible has happened. Nobody died or got hurt. It had nothing to do with my job or colleagues. But you are all probably familiar with the days when you wake up and from the first minute you are like: 'nope, today is not going to happen'. Well, Thursday was such a day, multiplied by 10. I just felt incredibly blue. Sure, I have bad days. I have them more than I'd like to, but I can't remember feeling so under the weather as Thursday. Which led to zero concentration on my work And that is not okay. Something had to be done, ASAP.

And that is were Panic! At The Disco steps in. Every time I like to be as little distracted as possible, I pop in my iPod and listen to music. Usual it's a score of a movie or tv show. Or I listen to songs that are very popular on the radio or are very soothing and relaxing. But on Thursday I needed a proper 'pick me up' play list. Panic! At The Disco was that 'pick me up'. Although the group isn't what it once used to be (Brendon Urie is the last man standing), the music is so up beat. I felt better about life with every minute and therefore my concentration levels went up, up, up. It was amazing :)


Of course the classic 'I write sins, not tragedies' was included in the play list, but also some of the more recent songs.

Luckily this Panic! At The Disco emergency play list wasn't necessary on Friday :) But I did listen to it on my way to work and boy, it got me ready for work properly :) It's all about finding that morning routine that works for you, hein:)







This is different than to what I listen to nowadays, but it was a proper Throwback Thursday and a welcome one at that :)





Anyone else who has their backup to cheer up their day? :)

Anyway, this is it for me for this week.
Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...