25 June 2014

Chilling with Harry Potter

Hallooooooo!!!!

Yes, my last week here London has arrived! 14weeks I have been living in this wonderful city, but it has come to an end.

Since Molly is already in Belgium, I am literally all by my self. But no troubles in entertaining myself with trips to Blackheath and Bromley.

This week there will be no video for this blog as it is a midweek blogpost. There is quiet a lot going on this week and if I would leave it an entire week, this blogpost would never end :) The video will be included in the next blogpost though :)

But, for next week, you can expect my goodbye experience at RDP, my journey home and a crazy graduation barbecue :)

Saturday chilling with Harry Potter
I tried to sleep in, but as usual that was a hopeless case. My brain just didn't want to go to sleep and kept on going worrying about a 1000 different things. By 5:30 am I finally fell asleep, but as you can imagine, it was already bright outside, so longer than 8:30 am I didn't sleep...

Beautiful weather
Since the weather was exeptionally nice, I didn't want to stay indoors all day, so what to do? My first trip to Blackheath was one to repeat, so that is what I did.

At the bus stop, I only had to wait 12min for the 202. But 12min turned into 20min and 20min turned into 30min. People who know me, know that I hate waiting. I have to say, I don't mind waiting at all since I am here in the UK. Perhaps it is because English people like queueing, I don't know. 

When a lady approached me, I was shocked that a random English women approached me! She infomed me that there was a huuuuge accident and no cars or busses where coming through... Bummer. She walked on and I started debating with myself: do I walk to Blackheath or do I return home?

As I was looking how long the walk would be, tadaaaaa, the 202 bus showed up! Well I was glad I didn't stress out and started walking! So I got on the bus and on the next stop, the lady that warned me got on the bus as well. "You made it!", "Yes, I did, thank you for warning me".

There is this prejudice that English people are aloof and they are, but not as aloof as people might think!!

So once I arrived in Blackheath 7min later, my first stop was COSTA Coffee. Yep, this was my lunch
This is what I like to call: the good life
For the next 3hours I was at Hogwards, witnessing the Triwizard Tournament on the first row. From time to time I would look up to see this lovely view


Of course, laying down can be very exhausting (and I really needed to go to the toilet) so moving and sitting up straight from time to time was necessary, with me facing this lovely view:


Around 6pm I really really really needed to go to the toilet, so I started making my way over the the bus station. Again, instead of waiting 12min, I had to wait for 30min. No worries, I didn't pee in my pants, I made it home on time. Or maybe that is not what you wanted to hear... Hmm...

Original plan changed
On Sunday I planned to eat the DE LI CIOUS pancakes at Joe's in Bromley. Due to bad communication I didn't eat my dinner on Saturday, but I ate if for breakfast on Sunday. Pasta and fish for breakfast, you can definitely say it was something different. Which meant I wasn't hungry aaaalll day, so why spend money on food when you are not hungry?

What was supposed to be a relaxing "pancake trip" turned a bit into a shopping trip. I needed some cotton wool and dry shampoo anyway. After a little spree at Primark where I bought THE cutest pyjamas, it was another COSTA coffee time.


As you can tell, a not too exciting weekend, but boy I enjoyed every single second of it.

Officially last thing that needed to be done: DONE

My internship report printed and bound. Basically my favorite thing to see. Thanks dad!

I am going to leave it at this for this midweek blogpost.

Expect another blogpost this weekend, with all my adventures I encountered on my way to Belgium!

New word: devious= unwieldy

Thanks for reading
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...