8 October 2016

A film location hunt in London

Halloooo!

I can't believe there are only 12 weeks left in 2016! Not many weekends left to venture out, so I'll try to make the best of it ^^

Last week Saturday I didn't leave the apartment. Oops, there goes my resolution. I did some writing, saw an episode or 2 of Outlander and research to film locations. The research to film locations was important though, as I went out on Sunday to go find them ^^

I started the tour on Regent Street to see the restaurant exterior used in the movie Burnt, starring Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller, Uma Thurman and many many more.


Did a tiny bit of shopping. Yes, during the weekend, but it was early so not a lot of people :) Then I made my way to Notting Hill to see the famous locations Richard Curtis used in his 1999 flick. I've seen the Blue Door multiple times now, but never in light of the movie location :) I also ate world's most horrible crepe on Portobello rd. Ugh.



From Notting Hill I went to Italian Gardens in Hyde Park. Another place I've been before and seen as a film location for Bridget Jones: the Edge of Reason, but now I wanted to take pictures of the actual locations.


From Italian Gardens I went to Bond street to pop in the HMV to pick up Me Before You (which isn't out yet, apparently-.-) and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Yes, I own a copy ^^ From Bond street it was only one tube stop away from Green Park to see more Notting Hill film locations at the Ritz.

https://www.instagram.com/afilmutopia/?hl=en

From the Ritz to Piccadilly Circus to capture the moment when Bridget exited the underground to go to the book launch of Kafka's motorbike in Bridget Jones's Diary.

https://www.instagram.com/afilmutopia/?hl=en

Piccadilly lead to Leicester Square to shoot another Burnt film location. And then a little detour to the Forbidden Planet where I saw a mug that is just meant for me to own.


From Forbidden Planet I walked to Trafalgar square where I shot the final film locations on my tour. Again for Notting Hill but also James Bond in the National Gallery :)



These are just a few of the many locations that I found and shot. I've linked a few to an instagram account, if you'd be interested for more.

So after I left the National Gallery I made my way home. Safe to say I was knackered :) It took me about 5 hours to complete my tour, but that included a bit of shopping on Oxford street and HMV :) I'm sure you can do it much quicker. I did use the underground, even for a single stop, to win time, so that is always a huge help :)

And Monday the usual work week started. Again.

So that is it for this week! If you're interested in more film locations or anything film related, make sure to check out instagram "afilmutopia" :)

As always, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...