11 April 2014

Sunday afternoon at the museum, Captain America and premiere of The Amazing Spiderman 2.

Halloooo!!!


I don't really need to explain the title of this blog... It's been another fun week here in London, U.K. I spend Sunday afternoon visiting 2 "exhibitions" and saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Thursday (yes yes, Thor's day) it was the premiere of The Amazing Spiderman. And well, yeah, you can't really not go, do you?

So far so good, until I received bad news from home on Thursday evening. It might seem like I don't care when you read this blog, but I really do. I'm just not going to go into detail because it just doesn't belong on a blog.

So, this week I will cover again 3 topics: 1) Pieter stopping by in London. 2) Visiting Greenwich and watching Captain America: the Winter Soldier 3) Premiere of The Amazing Spiderman @Leicestersquare. But first a video! Enjoy :) 



Meeting Pieter in Brike's Lane.
Pieter, an old friend from high school was on it's way to see Arne, another friend from high school. Arne is currently studying in New Port, Wales. So Pieter decided to visit Arne. Since he had to pass through London and had a few hours to kill, I went to West End to meet him. I'd never been to Brike's lane before, so that was a nice change for me as wel. To explore the city a bit.

Brike's Lane is an up and coming neighbourhood in London for young hipsters. Yeah, that's correct: young hipsters. There are a lot of little markets and little cafés where you can read your book in corners with a cappucino on the table. It was a nice suprise to see that bit of London and I think I'm gonna go back :)


Greenwich with Molly and Captain America!!! 
On Sunday I took the bus to Greenwich. Since I was there just two weeks before, I still knew my way around pretty well. Mum and dad give me the tickets to the Royal Observatory, Turner and the sea, Cutty sark, etc. because they are 30 days valid... So why not use them? Instead of doing the awesome stuff kids in their early 20s do, Molly and I decided to use the tickets and take advantage of us being in Greenwich to go to the Picturehouse.

First, we met at the Picturehouse in Greenwich to make sure we had our tickets to the movie. We had no idea how big the theather was going to be or so, so we just wanted to be sure. It was an easy decision: Captain America. Although we both wanted to see Noah, but that is the next one to see and the Amazing Spiderman as wel.

After we bought the tickets, we went for the Royal Observatory. You know, because you can't go to Greenwich without standing on the Meridian! I know I already been there, done that, but it never hurts to do things twice.


After seeing everything that was there to see *oh what a lovely view*

When I see this picture now, all I can see is: Thor the Dark World
We went for lunch at Nando's. We'd never been there before, but apparently it has a great name umongst the Britisch youngsters and since we are acting like we are one of them, we had to try it. And boy it was delicious! I'd definitly recommend it to anyone who's going to the U.K.!

In the afternoon we went totally 100% cultural and we visited the Turner and the sea exhibition. It was beautiful. I had a fair idea the sea has many 'faces', but the way Turner portrays it, it's like a character dominating the world. So mind blowing. Seeing the sketchbook etc really made me wonder why I stopted drawing. I used to draw quite a lot, now I don't even touch a pencil. Why?

And of course we took a turn around the little Greenwich market afterwards:)

By 16h30 it was time to go to the theater to behold an awesome superhero: Captain America. In my last video we talked about the movie (which you can watch here) and I clearly had no idea what I was talking about... Well, I wasn't completly wrong! Anyways, if you like superheroes: go watch that movie!! But only after you've seen Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers. Yes, in that order. And preverable after seeing The Avengers, you want to watch Iron Man 3 and Thor: the Dark World. Speeking of Thor: the Dark World. The climax of the movie happens in Greenwich!! I can't ever look normal again to that part of London.
Molly totally ready to see the Cap in action.
We were watching the movie like two teenagers. Completely blown away by the looks, the action and the storyline. More than once we had to hold our breath or keep our mouths shut because an "Oh My God!!!" wouldn't be very well received by the Brits in the theather. Also, this meme of Sean Bean *sigh* is definitly so true.

 
Link: http://weknowmemes.com
The premiere of the Amazing Spiderman 2
As you all know, the premiere of Noah was kinda mind blowing for me, so I decided to go to the premiere of the Amazing Spiderman 2 on Thursday as wel.

Since it is a sequel and a very very popular charachter, there were a lot more people on Leicester square and with a lot, I mean A LOT. Not yet Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-part-two-a lot, but still a lot. Molly stopted by as wel. We were in complete tourist/fan modus and stood on the tip of our toes, trying to catch a glimps of Emma Stone, Jamie Fox or Andrew Garfield. On my part without succes. Partly because of the massive amount people standing around me (and I'm not too keen about crowded places) and partly because I received a phone call from home with bad news. After that, the mood to stay and catch a glimps of one of the YouTubers was completely gone. Thank god Molly was there with me. And so we went for a coffee at Costa at 8p.m.. Yes, that is my comfort 'food', so shut up. The magic around the premiere is a bit gone, but I still have some pictures that I want to share with you. 
Andrew Garfield himself
Emma Stone, just, you know
The red carpet after the event

That is it for this weeks blog/vlog. I hope you enjoy reading and watching it and don't mind my massive grammatical/vocabulary/typing errors too much... See ya next week!
 
Home sickness: Not really home sick, but it's been a though week 

London city: Still love London. I'm completly at ease and the look-right-then-left is becoming normal. 
New people: Not so many. I recognize every face in the office now and I can remember some names.
New words: Amending= adjustments; miscellaneous= various

xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...