1 December 2014

Blogmas day 1, 2014: the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies World Premiere #OneLastTime

Hallooooo!!!

I wrote my week 17 update as well !!!! Regency Era and Gender Equality. Or just scroll down :)

This is something new: a blog post every day until Christmas!! Well, I'll try :)



So, what have I been up to on Monday 1 December 2014? Let me see... I think it is save to say that the world premiere of the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies was the main "event" of the day. The last movie in Middle Earth. Let's start blogmas with an amazing event so that the other days look like sh*t... -.-

Still building up
the stage

One side of the "red" carpet

Gettin' ready
I asked one of the security guys where you had to stand if you just wanted to watch the event. He was kind enough to let me know that the premiere was a ticketed event and that only people with a wristband could stay. Everything else would be closed off for the public. And I believe they did a tremendous job. If they kept the square open for public, they wouldn't be able to control it and therefor it would have been too dangerous (+ the square was occupied with a Christmas market)

Premiere closed off

Sneak peek
Because my original plan was to stay on the square and watch everything from the big screens, I now had no plan what so ever. Inner dilemma: go home, do something else in the city, hang around Leicester sq and hope for the best,...? So obviously I did none of the above and I went to the cinema. Odeon Studios no less. Off peak is always cheaper and the guy at the box office gave me a Odeon Premiere Club which gave me 25% off just because it was Monday :)

As promised, it was a romantic movie based on the book writen by the same author of P.S I love you. Sam Claflin and Lily Collins were divine.

Lucky me, in front of the the Odeon Studios was the green carpet for the premiere and when I left the theater the event was full on. So I was able to have a sneak peek before I (and many others) was sent away :)

This was just one side. There is more around the corner...

Screenshot of an interview with Luke Evans
I only saw the first 20min or so, but luckily they sent out a live stream :) So in case you missed it: here is the link. It's a 2hour event, you'll see interviews with Martin Freeman, Orlando Bloom, Aidan Turner, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, Sir Ian McKellen and soooo many more!

So after I was send away, I went home to watch the Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug and write this blog post :)

Here is the song of the last movie of Middle Earth, written and sung by Billy Boyd.


 
So, I hope you enjoyed the first blog post out of 24 :) Keep posted!!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...