8 August 2014

Finding a tailor

Halloooooo!!!!

This week's blog post shall be short-ish.

But first: because I don't yet have internet access in my room, I can't upload a video. Hopefully by next week, I'll be able to upload one :) So this blog post shall be without a video.

The Move
Starting with The Move. Yes, I use capital letters, as The Move was quite the event during the first weekend.

On Friday 1 August we packed the car in the early early morning. We have our Ford Mondeo for a few years now and I always complain about it being big and clumsy. I was, once again, surprized at the size of the trunk. It's like a Mary Poppins' bag!! Or like the old Ford Anglia from the Weasleys. Amazing.

The shores of Dover
Once on the ferry I felt awake enough to start listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Yes, you read it correct: listen. I recently discovered the audiobooks. Although I still prefer a proper book with pages to turn, I find myself growing fonder of alternative 'reading' like my e-reader and the audiobooks.

On Friday afternoon and Saturday morning we had house viewings plannend. By 11:15am on Saturday we reached a decision and arranged all the practicalities with the agency. By 4pm we had moved all my stuff in my new room. What a relief.

First week at Media Circus ltd
As every first week, my first week at Media Circus was exhausting. Ok, maybe that was an aftermath of the crazy weekend. And maybe I have to adjust again to the working life. Alarm clock at 06:30am, an hour traveling into town, working from 09:30am til 05:30pm. Comparing this week to my month holiday in July, that was pretty busy, this week was 10x busier. And maybe also because 2 of my housemates have to get up at 5am and don't bother to keep quiet *yawn*
Media Circus is situated in Carnaby!
But I am sure everything will cool down once I am more familiar with the company policy and the co-workers. And maybe I'll even dare to ask my housemates to keep it a notch down at 5am. Work hasn't been too exciting just yet, because I am just starting. My major task this week was to find a tailor for one of the events. Yes, that's right, a tailor. And also scouting a location for an outdoor marketing stunt. These are exactly the kind of stuff I learned at school x) And they have some pretty awesome projects in store they are going to pitch, so that is promising. Some regarding Night at the Museum 3, Penguins of Madagascar, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Kingsmen: Secret Service. I am so looking forward to see the latter for so long now! But of course, the release date has, again, been delayed *grumble*

But here is the trailer of Kingsmen: Secret Service anyway :)



This is the first week so far. If I have to describe it in one word, it would be: exhausting.

New words: bespoke suits= custom cut suits; footfall= number of people who go into a shop or business in a particular periode of time.

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...