7 March 2015

The search for a new home continues and the first birthday card

Hallooooo!!

Soooo, last weekend I've had this crazy exicting weekend and sooo much cool and exciting stuff happened... Ok, maybe not.

But before I start the blog, I'd like to share this cool 'fact': Whilst I was flicking through the pages of Style magazine on Wednesday morning, my eye fell on this add. And I thought: "that man looks familiar". Obviously it had to be an actor, as it was a movie advert, but it wasn't just any Hollywood celebrity. No, after a quick scan over the advert I saw: Michelle Williams and Matthias Schoenaerts. IMDb told me that 'Suite Française' is one of Matthias' lastest projects. And if you don't know: Matthias Schoenaerts is Belgian. That's why I thought it was so cool ^^

Matthias Schoenaerts and Michelle Williams
'Suite Française' isn't the only impressive movie lined up in the near future. Matthias will star in 'the Loft' next to James Marsden, Karl Urban, Wentworth Miller, etc. 'Far from the Maddening Crowd' next to Carey Mulligan, Juno Temple and Michael Sheen and 'A little chaos' next to Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet, Stanley Tucci, Jennifer Ehle and Helen McCrory. If I may give a little tip? Keep your eyes on him, 'cause he's going to do some amazing stuff :)

Viewing #3
Saturday morning started out as a very very laid back, chillaxed morning. I woke up, made myself a cup of coffee and had breakfast. Meanwhile I was watching YouTube videos and I was browsing on the interwebs for new blogs to discover.

Last week I contacted a girl by the name Emily to arrange a viewing (that conversation was before I went to see the room in Watford). We agreed on Saturday 28th February at 2pm, but I hadn't heard from her since. No confirmation, no address. So Thursday evening I'd sent her a first email with a request for confirmation and a place to be. No answer. So I basically already classified the room as a no go. Saturday morning I sent another email. You know, you never know. And sure enough she replied with a confirmation and an address. Well, that put my relaxed Saturday morning in a different gear.

Somehow I had planned everything perfectly. I thought I'd had to rush everything now that I had to leave my room and brace the outside world. But no, I had just enough time to take a shower, get ready, even to fiddle around in my room. I had a lovely easy walk to the train station and like a true Londoner I did not have to look at my tube Underground Map to see where I needed to go x)

The viewing was at 2pm, but I arrived at 1:45pm. The viewing actually lasted for over 30min. I had never experienced anything like it with the other viewings. I had a nice chat with the current housemates to see if I'd be a good match. When I left the house I had a really positive feeling, so I applied for the room. Because the current roommates would choose who's going to move in with them, it wasn't 100% sure I'd get it. I'd hear the news the next day.

So when I woke up Sunday morning, I had a 'it's Christmas kind of feeling'. Very strange. Today I'd know if I was going to move house or not. Just like Saturday, Sunday was very laid back. I baked some pancakes, watched more YouTube videos and wrote my previous blog post. At 15:08pm I received the deciding text message... But unfortunately I did not get the room. Bummer. Luckily I had another viewing lined up later that evening. So something to look forward to :)

Viewing #4
As the 4th viewing was at 8pm in North London (an area I'm not really familiar with) and was going to meet the two current tenants of the flat (2boys) I didn't feel entirely comfortable to go by myself. Camilla was kind enough to come with me :)

Just like the viewing on Saturday, I had a nice chat with the two tenants to see if I'd be a good match for the room. 30min later we left the premises and I had a very positive feeling about it. Camilla and I walked around to get a feel of the area. By 10pm I was home again and I had made up my mind: I was going to apply for the room as well. But, just like the viewing on Saturday, the current tenants are going to decided who's going to get the room. Well, I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Very nerve racking.

Work week
As for the rest of the week, it was kind of an odd week. Thibaut had left for Berlin, Hayley and Samantha have left the office as well and Camille gave her notice this week. 3 colleagues had a cold and well, the spirits were low. The stress and anticipation for news on the room didn't really help either.

On the bright side, I've received my very first birthday card on Monday. Two weeks too soon, but I don't care. It made me smile :)


So that's it for this week. Just to round up the blog post as usual, here are the movies that I saw:
The Words: mind blowing movie. My idea of the movie was completely wrong. The trailer isn't all that clear. Well, it is clear about one part of the story, but that's just one part of it. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Olivia Wilde, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Ben Barnes, Dennis Quaid, etc are starring in it.


Divergent: this has been a long time coming now. But last year when the movie came out I didn't know the story. Then I learned a bit more, but I thought "meh". Then my cousin, Lies, recommended it and I started to doubt. But I was reading The Chronicles of Narnia at the time and after the Chronicles of Narnia I wanted to start reading the Mortal Instrument series. And I can't read two franchises at the same time, so Divergent had to wait. So now, whilst I'm reading 'the Cuckoo's Calling', I dared to watch Divergent. And as predicted: I have to read the books now :) In the next couple of weeks the second movie in the series, Insurgent, will hit theathers. And hell yeah I'm gonna seem it :) But here's the Divergent trailer:



New word: peculiar= strange

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...