24 July 2016

Crumbs and Dollies and 2nights in 1 week when I drink alcohol!?

Hallooooooooo!!!!

Come writing this blog post, I completely forgot what I did on Saturday, so I'll just start on Sunday.

A girl who I used to go to college with was in London for the Star Wars exhibition. We know each other, but it is not like we've hung out when we were still studying, let alone afterwards. She is a good friend of one of my good friends though. But yeah, we're more like acquaintances so I didn't know she was going to be in London that weekend. However, she posted a photo on Instagram of Carnaby Street, to which I replied: "You're in London!?" to which she responded: "Yeah, for the Star Wars convention. We can meet up for a coffee on Sunday if you like?". And so it happened that on Sunday afternoon I made my way to town centre. Something I had told myself to avoid, but sometimes you just have to make an exception.

We met up at Nike Town Oxford Circus. We hadn't seen each other in like two years and like I've said before, we are more acquaintances than friends. So I'm not going to lie, it was a tiny bit odd.... At the beginning. After walking on Regent Street to Piccadilly to go into the giant Boots and from their back up to Carnaby Street in search for a cute coffee shop, it was all talk talk and talk, awkwardsness long gone ^^

Whilst we were walking towards Kingly Court we passed this tiny cake shop "Crumbs and Dollies". I had seen the shop in one of Zoella's vlogs and actually wondered where that was. Now I know x) I'm not the biggest cupcake fan, in the sense that, I enjoy eating them, I'm just not really motivated to make them. And by coincidence, my friend had eaten a delicious cupcake two days prior which she highly recommended, so now that we were here: cupcake time!



And boy that was good! I had a mini peanut butter and jam cupcake and a cappucino. It was soooo good. And we sat on the bench outside, out of the sun ^^ I'd really like to do that again, like, real soon x)

Her boyfriend then joined us and we went looking for a late lunch, which we found in a Chinese restaurant on Kingly Court itself. I had never met her boyfriend before, only heard a lot of stories. But as we are all grown ups, we had good converstation :) Wouldn't recommend the restaurant though :s Anyway, after that late lunch, it was time to part ways. They needed to go to St Pancras to catch the Eurostar back to Belgium and I, well, I had time on my hands x) Off to Cath Kidston! But first a little snap of an auto free Regent Street.


At Cath Kidston I bought something my sister had asked me to buy for her and whilst I was at it, picked up a few Christmas presents. It's July, time to start thinking about Christmas! But that was my Sunday pretty much ^^

Monday evening I had a looong Skype call with my dearest friend Molly. I hadn't heard her in a very long time, but as soon as I picked up the call, we were chatting and ranting and giving advise like we've only seen each other yesterday^^

Tuesday evening I went to Regent's Park again after work with my friend. We have a little routine now: buy a bottle of rosé and a bag of crisps during lunch, let the rosé cool in the fridge, walk to Regent's park after work, select a bench, sit down and crack open that bottle. Another 3 hour chat. My friend was on holiday the week before and a little catch up was needed ;) Also, we saw the most beautiful sunset I've seen in a while.



Wednesday and Thursday were your regular 'go-straight-home-after-work-day" but Friday was a bit of a surprise. My friend from work had asked if wanted to see Now you see me 2. Sure, I'm always down for a movie. Because I wasn't too keen on going to town during the weekend, I suggested to go after work. Why not? So, that happend. 6pm screening. By the time we got out, it still wasn't dark and it was so lovely. Why go home? Hup, off to Covent Garden in search for a drink. It took us a while, but at last we found a little pop up and ordered two glasses of Lambrusco. I had no idea what to expect, but it was a nice surprise in a glass ;)

By 9.30pm we were 'kicked out' and then it was time to go home. Well, not exactly. On our way to the bus stop, we had a little late night "dinner" at Five Guys. I have to admit: not my brightest idea...:s But it was delicious non the less x) After that it was definitely time to go home ^^

And that is it for my week! Before I go, here is the trailer for Now you see me 2. In case you'd be interested. I'd recommend it ;)


Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...