27 January 2015

The Theory of Everything and afternoon tea

Halloooooo!!

With a little delay, here is the blog post at last. I am not sure if I'll be able to upload a blog post every week now, as  I don't have any internet at home and I can't write blog post at work now can I?

Anyway, yet another quite weekend and week. And I need it. For some reason, there is more noise in the house and it either keeps me awake or wakes me up before my alarm clock goes off. Or maybe I've just became really aware of every single noise in the house.

Afternoon tea with Jeroen and Tine
On Saturday I did the usual tidying of my room, cleaned the bathroom, did some grocery shopping, etc. My brother and his girlfriend were in London for a few days so we met up at Richoux for an afternoon tea. Let me tell you it was delicious :) Although it is called 'afternoon' tea, when you meet at 5pm, that afternoon tea is also your dinner x)

Jeroen en Tine their first afternoon tea ^^


I did also some Cath Kidston shopping. Yes, I confess. But can you blame me when there was a sale going on? I bought a mug. A mug I saw a while back, and, well, now that it was on sale (and the last one) I just had to buy it. It has freaking giraffes on it!! And I also bought something for a friend on request. We don't have a Cath Kidston store in Belgium, so I am the one who's providing everyone back home with the goods ;)


Sunday 10h30 the Theory of Everything
Because I liked my cinema visit to Vue Croydon so much last week (to see Into The Woods), I simply did it again this week. I went to see the Theory of Everything. Just like last week, I stopped by Costa for breakfast and to read in Paper Towns :)


I even sat in the same theatre (3) and almost in the same chair as last week! :)


It's based on the book Stephen Hawking's first wife, Jane, wrote about her life with Stephen. Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones give an incredible performance. I mean, it's nominated for 5 Academy Awards: best motion picture of the year, best performance of an actor in leading role, best performance of an actress in leading role, best writing/screenplay based on material previously produced or published and best achievement in music written for motion pictures.

And now I'm on the subject of Acadamy Awards 2015: when I see all the nominees, I can't belief what a strong year it's been. How to train your dragon 2, the Imitation Game, the Theory of Everything, the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Into the Woods, X-men: days of future past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Captain America: winter soldier, Gone girl, ... And these are just a fraction of all the movies that are nominated in one or more categories. Can't wait 'til 22nd February!

Monday to Friday
Was pretty uneventful. I survived my 3th week at work, finished reading Paper Towns and started reading in City of Heavenly Fire. Everyone is impressed by its size (more than 700p), but it's hardly anything to be impressed about. Big font, large margins,... I bet that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix would be the same amount pages if it had the same layout. And if you look at the Lord of the Rings, this one is just tiny x)

I've also started the search for a new room. Living with 7 male tenants is getting pretty difficult and not all of them are as clean or quiet. Unfortunately. You can also hear everything in the house, so I think it might be nicer if I could find something with less tenants. Anyway, it's not gonna happen any time soon I'm afraid.

Well, that's it for this week's update :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...