9 January 2016

Star Wars: Episode 0 - Discovery of a new fandom

Halloooo!!

I'm back!

This two week break must have been the longest break I have ever taken from blogging since I started in March 2014. Reason being that blogmas '15 really took me out this year. Might have been the combination work+daily blogging that pushed me over. Eventhough I really enjoyed daily blogging, it was a lot to take on. Unlike the previous year, when I didn't had to go to work and had more time to do fun stuff and actually write the blog posts. Ah well, I've done it, had a fabulous month, took a two week break and now I'm back on to weekly blogging + the occassionally movietime monday or midweek posts.

The first blog post of 2016 is a BANGER. For me at least, 'cause I finally jumped on a huge bandwagon. A wagon that's been going ever since 1977 when the original 'Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope' was released.



The movie was followed by two sequels. 'Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire strikes back' was released in 1980 and 'Star Wars: Episode VI - the Return of the Jedi' in 1983.

Obviously I was no where near to even excisting in the '80, but even when the second trilogy hit theatres between 1999 and 2005, I completely missed the excitement. Don't ask me how or why. I was aware that films called "Star Wars" were released. I'm a huge fan of almost everything sci-fi, adventure, action, fantasy, etc. When Harry Potter hit theatres in 2001, I was all over that (thanks again mum:)). I can still remember when Lord of the Ring: Fellowship to the Ring came out on VHS in 2002 and how excited I was when I finally got to see it. It took another year, however, before my parents allowed me to see Return of the King in theatres. I have absolutely no idea why I missed the whole Star Wars hype.

It's exactly my cup of tea. Right up my alley. Something I should have watched at the drop of a hat like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or any MCU film.

But now, finally, I've catched up. On Christmas day I watched episode IV with my sister and her boyfriend. Neither of us had ever seen a Star Wars movie. If you ever need inspiration for things to do on Christmas day, I highly recommend this. A week and half passed, with celebrating New Year in between, before I watched episode V and VI in one day. Traveling by Eurostar is by far the best way to watch movies. Due to a 30min delay, I got to see the entire fifth movie and half an hour of the sixth movie. So, of course, as soon as I arrived in my room in London, I continued watching.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were dedicated to episode I, II and III. Thursday evening was spent by watching YouTube videos on the behind the scenes, making offs, interviews with cast and crew, etc. And Friday evening I rewatched episode IV. The plan is to see episode VII: the Force Awakens this weekend. There is a lot of chance that next week's blog post will be all about Star Wars as well. I've discovered a whole new fandom! Next to Middle Earth, Wizarding world, Narnia, Shadow world, Scottish Highlands and MCU, I can now add: the Galaxy. Better late then never, hein? I guess that is why all these franchises keep going ^^



Anyone else who recently discovered a new fandom? Or discovered Star Wars just recently like I did?

If you made it this far in my first blog post of 2016, congratulations and a huge thank you for reading my rant ^^

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...