2 February 2015

Visitors from Belgium (and Sweden!) and terrified of a non horror movie

Halloooo!!

Again, with a little delay, but here is this week's blog post!

I had a stroll in Canary Wharf on Saturday, movie marathon on Sunday and some visitors on Monday and Tuesday!

Canary Wharf walk (Isle of Dogs, to be correct)
I wanted to take a look in the neighbourhood. I had a viewing on Wednesday there, so I just wanted to explore the area. It was interesting. Taking the overground, walking around Mudchute station area, on the Isle of Dogs. I was very close to the view on Greenwich University as well. But I was exhausted by the time I reached the overground, so instead of staying a little while longer and walking to the Thames, I just took the overground back to Canary Wharf station and go back home.

On the way home, I stopped by Westminster, simply to see the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben). It felt like it'd been a while since I last saw her. And all of the sudden it hit me, real hard. I am living in freaking London. I did it. There is no time limit. It's not like I have to go home in 3 months, because my internship came to an end. No, I can actually stay here for as long as I have job in the UK. That was a moment of sudden crazy realization.


It wasn't that late when I came home, so I watched two movies:

Easy A

I love this movie. Simply because Emma Stone and Stanley Tucci are sublime :) I am missing this movie in my DVD collection!

Fever Pitch

Now, I might not be the biggest football fan, but I seriously liked this movie. First of all, Colin Firth is staring in it and Mark Strong as well. They work together so well. I might not have seen Before I go to sleep, but I have seen Kingsman and well... :D And second: Paul, the main character, is passionate about football. And I think it is amazing and beautiful when someone is so passionate about something. There are limits of course, but still. I love it.

Sunday movie day
So, Saturday evening my internet was cut off, so what did you think I'd do? Come on, three guesses :) That's right, movie marathon :) I had planned to go to Croydon, but I just couldn't be bothered. So instead I made myself a cup of coffee and some breakfast and watched Tamara Drewe red carpet special.

Cath Kidston heavy x)

No Tamara Drewe red carpet special, but here again, the trailer of Tamara Drewe ^^


As you all might know, this is one of my favorite movies ^^ And thanks to the Red Carpet special, I learned that the movie is actually based on a comic book! Like Iron Man, Spiderman, etc, but then not superhero. So cool :) I'm going to do some more research on this movie.

The Breakfast Club


A classic. You kind of have to see it, I think. The end scene and song are so famous, you can not not see it.

The Spectacular Now


Heard a lot of positive comments on this one as well. And though it is a beautiful story with a beautiful message, it didn't capture me from start to finish. I saw it 'til the end, but half way through I pauzed it to do my laundry, bake pancakes and make some lunch, so...

 The Lovely Bones


This movie on the other hand captured me from start to finish. It's a Peter Jackson movie, written by Fran Walsh, Phillipa Boyens and Peter himself, so you are basically garanteed an amazing movie. That combined with the cast: Rachel Weisz, Saoirse Ronan, Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Susan Sarandon,... What could go wrong, right? Well, the story combined with all of the above could go wrong. It is so brilliant that it is terrifying. Of course, there are some points I do not entirely agree with, but overall, brilliant. The subject is far from light and Stanley's performance is so convincing it scared the sh*t out of me. I mean, this image does not just disappears from your eyelids just like that. Well deserved Oscar nomination for his performance though.

http://clothesonfilm.com/film-review-the-lovely-bones/8439/
Click on the picture if you like to read a film review on Clothes on Film
Might also be due to the fact that they made him look just like my idea of what a serial killer looks like. Very stereotype you might think, but that's what my brain imagines when you say: serial killer to me. It's not a movie I am going to watch again any time soon though. Also, mum, dad, do not watch this movie. It's a parent's worst nightmare.

We bought a zoo


In an attempt to end the day on a more positive note, I watched "We bought a zoo" again. Based on a true story. Cast is splendid. And even if you don't like Matt Damon, you might want to see the movie, just for the soundtrack. Jonsi has provided the majority of it and it is soooo be-a-utiful! Credits go to my cousin, Lies, who recommended the movie a long time ago :)

Sarah and Axel in London
Visitors from Belgium (and Sweden)!! I met up with Sarah and Axel on Monday after work for some burgers at the Shakespeare, a pub across London Victoria Station. Delicious burgers, btw, if anyone is looking for inspiration :) After dinner we went to Westminster, because Axel had never seen the Big Ben and the London Eye before and you can't leave London without seeing those two :) From there we walked all the way to Wellington Arch. By then I was exhausted and I still had an hour to travel before I could lay down in my bed. I had to work on Tuesday you know.

Classic pic in front of Big Ben :) Credits to Axel!
On Tuesday I received a message from Sarah that Axel wasn't feeling well, so we met up just the two of us.  Food was delicious, conversation was good. We had a proper catch up :) Dinner was at Hung Tao on Queen's Way. Afterwards a Starbucks and then back home because I had to work on Wednesday.




I am going to end it here for this week :) This post is long enough now ^^

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...