10 May 2015

Local tourist part 2

Hallooooooo!

The first weekend of May = BANK HOLIDAY! Praise that one day extra off, not having to work on a Monday. Well, some of us anyway.



Far from the Madding Crowd movietime
Saturday I decided to change things up a bit. Instead of waiting til Sunday to go to the movies, I went to Vue Croydon Saturday morning. Crazy, right!? Anyway, it was an all female crowd and I think I was by far the youngest x)

As for the rest of the afternoon, I just watched the REACT videos x)

Local tourist
After living in London for over a year now, I think I can say I am no longer a tourist. But that doesn't mean I can't act like one ;) My plan was to visit St-Martin's-in-the-Field church on Trafalgar Sq but with it being the 5th Sunday after Easter (or something like that) there was no sight seeing inside the church -.-

St-Martin's-in-the-Field church




So instead I bought myself a bubble tea at the shop I usually buy my bubble teas and sat on the steps in front ot the Church :) The sun was out every now and then, so it was just nice to enjoy the warmth on my face, watch people passing by and just marvel at the fact that I'm in freaking London!

My view over Trafalgar Sq

From the steps of St-Martin's-in-the-Field church I moved to the steps of the National Gallery :) Man, the view up there is beautiful. You get a clear view over the square, the Big Ben in the background, etc.

View from the National Gallery




After seeing this view I just had to walk to the Big Ben :)


You are probably sick of yet another picture of the Big Ben or the London Eye or Westminster Abbey,... And I probably have a 1000 pictures of the Big Ben on my laptop already. But for me it is an awesome reminder that I'm actually living my dream.

Instead of taking the underground at Westerminster I decided to walk to Buckingham Palace and from there to London Victoria. It was a walk I'd never done before so I discovered some new parts in London myself :)

Victoria and Albert museum + a room viewing in Mile End
Monday was a really grey day. Very depressing. But I had a viewing to look forward to. As it was scheduled for the evening, I had a day to fill. So instead of watching the entire day REACT videos, I decided to finally go to the V&A. I've been meaning to go there for so long now. I covered the " floors of the Renaissance as I really think that periode is fascinating. But the V&A is HUGE and I'll have to back to see the rest of the museum.

After the viewing in Mile End I was home pretty 'late', but I was in bed early. If that makes any sense? Anyway, I was ready to face work the next day. Work was rather uneventful other then that Rounder seaons was announced ^^ Next week we'll have our first game and almost everyone in the company is going to play. Is going to be a lot of fun x)

That's it for this week!

As always, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

New words: beguiled= cheated; arduous= difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...