24 November 2014

#Hogwartsinthesnow and #RegentStComesToLife

Halloooo there!

I hope everyone had a splendid week :)

This weeks blog post has excitement all over the place. It was truly magical. On Saturday I went to the Harry Potter studio tour (again) with my parents. Not just the regular tour, no, the Hogwarts in the snow- tour. It was the first day it was officially open for the public! Sunday was the Regent Street Christmas Lights Switch On event. So beautiful.

The video is finally here !! :)


The Monument and Warner Bros studio tour
So, Saturday morning, my parents decided to arrive in London St Pancras at 10am in the morning. Which meant I had to set an alarm on a Saturday... Ah well.

After a morning coffee and a danish biscuit from our local bakery (Bosmans!!!) off we went to the hotel to drop of our bags and head to Leadenhall Market. I'd never seen it in Christmas decorations and my mum liked to see the location where they filmed the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron.

Leadenhall Market all Christmassy
The entrance, still there
I've never seen the market open and active, but I guess that's because it is located in the more businessy part of London. Therefor only open during the week...

After Leadenhall Market we went to the Monument to climb the way to many stairs to the top. There you have this 360° view over London.

On the way up
Tower Bridge
The Shard
St Paul's Cathedral
The Gherkin!
Top of Monument

On the way down
The Monument was erected in memory of the Great Fire of London in 1666. I've talked about it in this blog post.

After Monument it was only a short walk to the Tower of London. My parents wanted to see the poppies.

After Tower of London it was lunch time! Well, late lunch time, as it was 2pm when we found somewhere to eat.

Anyway, by 4pm we were in London Euston. Plenty of time to catch a train to Watford Junction you might think. We thought the same, until we noticed every single train was delayed! Eventually we got on a train, which took us about 45min to get to Watford instead of 20min -.- Plus we had to stand and it was really hot. Not the most comfortable way of traveling, but it reminded me of when I had to travel to London from Lee. It was a 30min train ride and I always had to stand. Aaah, memories.

From Watford Junction to Leavesden Studios was a smooth ride and I hardly could contain my excitement when I got there. Of course, when you have an entry ticket for 6pm on a Saturday in November, everything is dark outside. Gives it a different sphere really.

Although our timed tickets were for 6pm entrance, we were lucky and we got to enter with a group earlier :) And I can't tell you how fast my heart was beating when the tour started. 1) for my own expectations and excitement. 2) I was so curious to how my parents were going to react. Especially my dad. He was very sober on the whole tour thing. He had only seen the first 2 movies and it is not really his cup of tea. But even his jaw dropped. That's when you know you get your money's worth :)




It says that the tour takes about 2hours to finish. We entered at 5:45pm and left at 9:15pm. And we hadn't gone through the shop yet! The last shuttle bus to Watford Junction left at 9:45, which, luckily, we made :)

You can compare it to Disneyland, I think. Eventhough I knew what to expect, I was so happy and excited. I think it'll never get boring :)

We were back in London at around 11pm, and the alarm clock went off at 8am because we wanted to go for breakfast at the Breakfast Club.

Some souvenirs

Breakfast Club and Regent Street Christmas Lights Switch On event
So Sunday morning I had the American Pancakes for breakfast.

I couldn't finish my breakfast
On our way to the Museum of London we passed the Gherkin. To touch the gherkin was on my to do list, so that is something I can cross off now :)

So geeky, I know :)
I wasn't really impressed by the Museum of London. Regent Street on the other hand. And no, I don't have to say that because I am an intern with the company who organised the event :) I genuinely had a jaw dropping experience.

We were looking at a full road closure of Regent Street with all kinds of activities on the street. By 4pm the show started with performances of Jersey Boys, Jack Pack, Jessie Ware and Union J. Take That, Emma Bunton and Jamie Theakston were the lucky once to push the button :) The Christmas lights are themed with the Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb characters. The movie will be in cinemas mid December :)



Monday I had lunch at Yo!Sushi with my parents and then it was goodbye because they had to go back home that evening and I had to work.

That was my very exciting weekend :) But I am happy that I can sleep in this weekend. I've been more tired this week than I have been for the last few weeks...

Anyway, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...