1 October 2016

A walk in the park

Hallooooo!!

This is going to be short post with a lot of pictures. Basically, I went to Richmond Park last Saturday, stayed in on Sunday, wrote my previous post, did some film location research, saw the Devil Wears Prada, Reign and Outlander. The week was the same as usual. Work from 9am til 5.30pm. There was a work related party on Thursday evening, the 25th anniversary of Screenworks. A company we often work with. It was a cool evening, playing ping pong and having a laugh with the colleagues. But the lighting was bad, so any pictures that I tried to take were blurry as hell. Aah well. But I did got very snappy happy when I was in Richmond Park. I got a bit carried away, so below is a selection of the many many pictures I snapped.

It took about two hours to get from where I live to the park and one change of bus. I treated the day as if I was on a proper day out. Walked for about 4 hours, had lunch and an afternoon tea at the local little lodge/restaurant/cafe with a stunning view. I treated the day as if I was on holiday. Such a good decision ^^

For anyone who doesn't know, Richmond Park is a giant park situated South West of London and has deer walking around freely. The warning signs say to keep a distance of at least 50meter, but that wasn't always up to us! They just casually walk by at a distance as close as 10meter. I think it is wonderful they are so at ease with people. It shows that most visitors to the park respect them and they trust us. Beautiful. And yes, I say 'most' people, I do mean not everyone has the brains to even go for a walk in the park with their dogs. As it is mating season, the deer are a bit more on edge as per usual and it is advised to stay away with your dogs. If you do decide to enter the park, the dog needs to be on a leash and preferably walk along the edges of the park where exists are nearby. Keep this info in mind, because I was walking through the park, I saw a woman with two dogs walking towards me. One dog was on a leash, the other wasn't. Very close by was a group of deer, just chilling around, minding their own business whilst other hikers walked past. Both dogs spotted the deer and the dog that wasn't on a leash set off and started to chase the deer. Of course the deer started to run for their lives. Bear in mind that there were other people around. A deer in blind panic can easily run into someone. The owner of the dog tried to call back the dog but with no success. Her voice didn't carry far enough and she obviously didn't want to go closer. The dog also clearly never had learned to listen to her. Just like some people shouldn't be allowed to get kids, some people shouldn't be allowed to get dogs. That woman's lack of judgement put about 10 people in danger, not to mention the fright her dog gave to the deer. Ugh. Anyway, now that little rant is out of my system, enjoy the pictures ^^










Who can see St Paul's Cathedral?



And that is it for this week! Told you it would be a short one :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...