25 September 2016

Penelope movie location just around the corner of the office!

Hallooooo!

Weekly update numer 37, 91 days until Christmas as of today and Bridget Jones' baby hit theater on Friday 16th September. So of course, I had to go see it opening weekend.

Saturday morning started with waking up due to a nightmare. The start of a week full of bizar dreams... After I'd made myself some breakfast, I chose Penelope as the movie to eat my breakfast with. I'd seen Penelope before and genuinely enjoyed the little feel good film. Halfway through the movie, I saw some familiar backgrounds. Wait a minute, a few scenes were shot around the corner of the office where I'm currently working! And the pub used in the film, is the pub me and my colleagues always go to whenever there is a leaving do or birthday worth celebrating!


Reason I'd never noticed before, is because when I first saw the movie, I didn't live in London. Also, the movie isn't set in London and the actors are having an American English accent, yes, even James McAvoy, so it can be quite confusing. Anyway, of couse I had to take a picture of the locations ;) Here is one.


Then at 12.30pm Bridget Jones' baby started at the local cinema and let me tell you, I can't wait to see it again ^^ It's funny, witty and endearing. You get devided between Jack and Mark, which is new, as Daniel Cleaver was a no go from the bat. Not too convinced about the Gangnam style dance scene, but Rene is brilliant, as are Colin and Patrick. The old gang is still around, but introducing a new 30 something friend into Bridget's circle. Emma Thompson is gold, as per usual, and you can tell she had something to do with the script ;) I might do a proper review, actually, come to think of it :)


After the movie and a bit of grocery shopping I was home again around 4 and ready to see another film. This time it was Miss You Already. Complete opposite of Penelope. No light heartness to be found... Great movie though. Very gripping, honest, real, ...


And to end a day on a bit of lighter note, I watched Laggies again. I can kind of relate to the main character. She has no clue what she wants to do with her life... Something very very very familiar to me...


Later in the week I started rewatching Outlander season 2, because why not? And I've also seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Mainly because I've visited Doune Castle back in June and the audio guide was spoken by one of the actors/producers/directors of the movie. The audio guide also played a few dialogue scenes of the movie which made me laugh out loud like a fool x) I haven't had the best week, but this sure put a smile on my face x)



The week ended in the pub that featured in Penelope to celebrate my deputy account manager's birthday. Always good fun, but it wasn't a late one as per usual. I had a skype call with my dear friend Molly before I went to bed to start my weekend a fresh.

And that is it for this week. Hope it gave you a few more movie recommendations ;)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...