20 November 2016

In the footsteps of Jane Austen and midnight screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Halloooooooo!

Saturday 12th November was a very dull and dreary day, so of course I decide to make of the Jane Austen walking tours through London. Walking through mist, it was difficult to stay dry. The lighting was really bad as it was grey and darker sooner than usual and it was freezing cold. I loved every second of it. You know, I'm very fond of walking.


I did the Mayfair walk starting at Green Park and ending near Bond Street tube station. The walk is about 1.75miles long and took me about an hour and a half to two hours to complete.

It took me past houses and squares that I'd passed numerous times, but never understood the history of it. Places where one of her publicers lived, John Murray. Berkeley street where Marianne and Elinor stayed in Sense and Sensibility. Grosvenor Street where Mr and Mrs Hurst have a house in Pride and Prejudice. Prudey's a gunsmith, dates from 1814. On the corner where now the Ritz stands used to be a hotel called the Bath Hotel were Jane once stayed. Etc etc.

John Murray's house


Anthony Eden's house




Sunday was much sunnier, but I stayed indoors. Yes, I knoz, it doesn't make sense. Should have gone on the Jane Austen walk on Sunday rather than Saturday. Ah well.

The work week following was a work week as per usual, EXCEPT on Thursday evening, or should I say, Friday morning, I went to a midnight screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The Potterhead in me took over on Tuesday evening and I decided that I wanted ot see the film before I had to go back home for a weekend.


And it was magical. It was bloody scary at times and then laugh out loud funny. I was so sure about having a muggle, oh, pardon me, a no-maj involved, but Kowalski is just lovable and you're really rooting for him. I'm not too sure about Queenie. A lot of people just love her and think she is instantly likeable, but I'm convinced. Yet. Let's see how she evolves over the next few films. Eddie Redmayne is perfect for Newt and I really like him. And Tina, I think I could identify more with her than Queenie. I can't wait to see the movie again and again and again!

Friday after work I took the Eurostar home :)

And that is it for this week's post. Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...