6 November 2016

Ooh, the irony. Filmset in Greenwich.

Halloooooo!!

I hope you are doing weeeelll on this 43rd week of 2016! The countdown to Christmas has officially begun! Friday evening I bought my advent calendars. Yes, plural. I bought two... x) And earlier this week I also wore my Christmas jumper, because 25 days a year are just not enough to wear those cheezy jumpers.

But, for the main part of this blog post, I'll be talking about Greenwich! In last week's post you'll have read that I intended to go to Greenwich but ended up staying indoors all weekend, doing research on the films shot there. So last week Sunday I actually made my way to Greenwich! It's only 45min from where I leave from 'door to door' so in London standards: close by.


So, I got off the bus and went straight to business. The first film locations that I came across were for Now You See Me 2. The finale is set in London and a lot of those places looked really familiar when I saw the movie in theatre. Although the movies shows the places as 'spread across London', truth is, they're all filmed in Greenwich x)

The weather wasn't really nice. In fact, it was really misty. You couldn't even see the massive buildings on Canary Warf.


All the shots on the Greenwich Market and around the Cutty Sark were easy enough to find so they got shot quite quickly. But when I made my way to the Royal Naval College, I bumped into this sign:


Ooooh, the irony. I go to Greenwich to make pictures of film locations and they are actually filming there. I tried to find out what it was, but all I got was that it is for a commercial. Row upon row of trailers, massive tents, rain machines, etc. I think the production was a bit too big to be just a commercial. But then, it was set in the 1940's, so a lot of costumes and props, so it might be a commercial after all. Not sure. I'm not familiar with the production of films/commercials x)




So that means: going back to Greenwich to try again to get those shots x) Not the end of the world. In fact, I'm already looking forward to it ^^

On Monday evening I saw the Mortal Instruments, because it was halloween. Little tradition of mine. And then the rest of the week as my usual work week :)

And that is it for my week 43 of 2016!

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...