12 July 2014

Man of Steel

#movietime

Hallooooo!

Another #movietime blog post today! But that was probably pretty obvious since that is the title of the blog post... Anyway, I hope you share my opinion and that you can appreciate my movie tip! If not, well, than we agree to disagree ;) 

Man of Steel
 
2013

Director: Zack Snyder
Actors: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Russell Crow, Diane Lane,...
Length: 143 min= 2h 23min
Family proof
Genre: superhero

Occasion
As I just said: it is family proof. Perfect acceptable to watch with basically anyone or just by yourself. But it is always more fun to watch a superhero movie with a superhero fan :)


Mood
I watched this movie after seeing basically every Marvel film there is. So I was already in the I-want-to-see-a-superhero-movie-mood. But every other mood of "I want to look at someone drop dead gorgeous for 2 hours" or "I want to see some action": this is your go to movie. However, it's not that kind of movie you can start, do something else and expect to be able to follow when you are back. You have to pay attention if you want to understand the story. Well, if you are not familiar with Superman as I am/was.

Plot summary

Clark Kent works various jobs. From fisherman to waiter. He lives the low key life (haha, LowKey, Loki, get it, get it!? Hahah! Ok, sorry, I'll stop), but due to an invasion of his own kind, he is forced too choose: to save his own kind or to save the people he grew up with.


My thoughts on the matter

It is my first Superman movie. I have seen the serie Smallville and even some episodes from the serie Lois&Clark, but never ever a movie. And I am glad for that fact, for this movie explains everything what happened before he started working as a journalist. I have no idea what the other movies are about or how their storyline is evolving, but I really liked this one. They left the end open, so I am expecting/excited to see a sequel. Can't wait for Badman vs Superman to come out :)

The special effects department for sure did have their hands full. No man can crush into a building like the Kryptonians can. Or fly for that matter. This could be a good date night movie. There is some romance, but also a lot of action. The guys can watch Amy Adams for 2 hours, whilst the ladies can drool over Henry Cavill. Win-win situation I'd say. But you have to be open minded about the impossibilities of the action.

Quote from the movie
"You think you can threaten my mother?" - Clark Kent

Videos
Enjoy the videos below I found on the world wide web.

Trailer


Moviefone Unscripted

Graham Norton Show S13E11

 
Cinemasins



Source
IMDb and YouTube, of course
.

Thank you for reading! :)
xo - Sara 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...