6 July 2014

50/50

#movietime

Hallooooo!

No weekly blogpost about my adventures in London for this week. Something new I'd like to try! Whenever you see the title #movietime, you can expect a film 'review' (or actually a movie tip). A movie I'd recommend :)
 
50/50 

2011
Director: Jonathan Levine
Actors: Joseph Gordon Levitt, Seth Cohen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dalles Howard,...
Length: 100min= 1h 40min
Family proof
Genre: Comedy, drama

Occasion
You can watch the movie perfectly on your own or with friends. Maybe not watch it with your parents, because there is a scene in a nightclub and I think that might be slightly awkward. But that is up to you :)


Mood
You are just in the mood to see a proper movie with a grown up subject (cancer), but secretly you just want to watch a comedy because you are not that grown up. This is it. A comedy about cancer. And no, they are not making fun of cancer, but the way they portrayed the main character dealing with the diseas is wonderful and refreshing.

Plot summary
Adam (Joseph), 27 years old, writer of radio programs, eats healthy, runs everyday and has a girlfriend. Life is looking good. The day he is diagnosed with a rare form of spinal cancer, his life makes a one eigthy turn. With the help of his best friend (Seth), his mother (Diane) and Katherine, the therapist (Anna) he learns the true values in life.

My thoughts on the matter
When I first read the plot summary, I thought the subject was waaay to heavy. But when I saw the trailer and saw which actors were starring in it, I just had to give it a shot. And man I am glad I did that! The movie is actually funny. The way his best friend reacts when Adam shaves his head. The way his best friend tries to use Adam's cancer as a pick up line with the ladies. The way Katherine has no clue what she is doing in the therapy sessions with Adam. It is funny, but they do not laugh with the diseas. It is the serious character in the movie and that balances out the funny perfectly.

Quote from the movie
Adam: A tumor?
Dr. Ross: Yes.
Adam: Me?
Dr. Ross: Yes.
Adam: That doesn't make any sense though. I mean... I don't smoke, I don't drink... I recycle...

Videos
Enjoy watching these videos I found on the world wide web.

Trailer


Moviephone Unscripted


50/50 cast on Ellen Degeneres show
 
Interview with Anna Kendrick


Sources
IMDb and YouTube, of course.


Thanks for reading :)
xo - Sara 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...