10 November 2014

Christmas Lights Switch On event Oxford street 2014

Halllooooo!!

This week was exciting becauuuse... On Thursday 6th November it was the Christmas lights switch on event for the lights on Oxford Street. My very first ever switch on event and back stage at that as well!

The weekend started and ended quietly, as like previous weekend. I went to St James's Church on Saturday afternoon, just because I've past that church so often and never set foot inside. On my way home I bought my first hot chocolate of the season and well, it is safe to say I kick started the autumn/winter season officially on Saturday 1st November.

St James's Church Piccadilly
So Thursday evening was the switch on event for the Christmas lights on Oxford Street. Media Circus helped organizing the event, so I had to work a little longer on Thursday evening. I was positioned backstage next to the tents where the interviews and waiting "rooms" were for the artists before they had to go on stage. Neon Jungle, Rixton, cast from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Jess Glynne were the artists to perform and also a girl who won the competition Talent Starts Here. Cheryl (Cole) was the lucky one to push the switch on button.

I was very excited to see my first switch on event so up close. I went to a couple of meetings, so it was cool to see everything in real life what was just a plan 2 weeks ago.

I kept my eyes and ears open at all times, before, during and after the event. And man, I learned a great deal :)

After the switch on, the team went for a drink and dinner. Sort of team building :)

I don't have any pictures of Thursday evening because I was working, but here are two picture of the Christmas Lights on Oxford Street :)



One GIANT VIP ticket
So that was the exciting event this week. Next Sunday 16th November is the Regent Street Christmas Lights Switch On event. Which will be on a whole other level, because we are looking at a traffic free shopping day with activities on Regent Street before the lights get switched on in the evening. Shall be a very exhausting day! But I am looking forward to it. I've also been involved a bit on that event, so it'll be cool to see that come together as well.

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...