16 November 2014

Paddington Trail and the Hunger Games: Mockingjay: part 1 premiere

Halloooo!!

I hope you are all very well.

My week started with a Saturday indoors. It was raining and I just couldn't find the courage to go outside. On Sunday however, I thought to check out Temple Church.

Temple Church. Well, not really...
Well, thinking of being able to just go and have look at Temple Church was wishful thinking. Sunday turned out quite different then I expected.

In the small street leading up to the main road where Temple Church is situated, was a queue. At first I didn't know what for, so I just followed the queue to see where it would lead and how long it was. By the time I turned the corner I had a suspicion that it was a queue for Temple Church. I knew that they work with timed ticketing (or something like it) but that queue just blew me away. Temple Church lies behind some buildings and you have to go through a gate to be able to see the church. Of course, you had to pay at the gate... So I didn't even got to catch a glimps of the temple... Sad.

So instead I bought lunch and sat on a bench in the sun next to St Paul's Cathedral. After my lunch I took the metro to Oxford Circus, as I had to be there anyway. I wanted to take a picture of the Christmas lights to add to my previous blog post :)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1 premiere on Leicester Square
On Monday 10 November was the premiere of the 3th Hunger Games movie. I've seen a few premieres during my stay here in London and whilst I thought the crowd for The Amazing Spider Man was huge, this crowd was HUGE. And the amount of screaming when Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, Sam Claflin, Elizabeth Banks or Jennifer Lawrence got out of their cars, insane.


 

Of course, that morning I decided to leave my camera at home (don't ask me why). So I had to film and take pictures with my smartphone. Not the greatest quality, my apologies.

See here the trailer for Hunger Games: Mocking Jay part 1



Paddington Trail
This week I also started looking for the Paddington statues more actively :) These two are on my way from home to London Victoria. But be sure you'll see more bears on my blog in the next few weeks :)


Golden Paws, Green Park. Designed by David Beckham

Parka Paddington, Carnaby Street
These bears are designed by celebrities and are situated all over London. They are for the promotion for the Paddington film, in cinemas 28th November (UK). But also for a much greater purpose. They have linked their commercial promotion to a charity. Afterwards, the statues will be auctioned and the proceeds will go to NSPCC. It's a charity that helps to rebuild children's lifes after they've experienced abuse. Here's the link to their website.

To name a few designers: Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Watson, Kate Moss, David Beckham, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Bear Grills,...

Enjoy the trailer of Paddington :) I am really excited. This bear was a small part of my childhood :)


So, that is it for this week blog post :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...