11 July 2015

Local tourist part 3, Bend it like Beckham aaaand family in toowwwn

Hallooooo!!

I'm writing this blog post all the way from Belgium. Yes yes, I'm currently on another holiday. I can almost hear you thinking: "Didn't she just go on a trip to Scotland, like 3 weeks ago?". Hey, that's a perk of not being a student anymore. Although you have considerably less time off, you can choose when you're taking time off x) And for me, June, July and August are all about travelling and spending time with friends and family.

So, on to this week's blog post. It's a busy one again. The weekend before, my lovely sis came to visit me. This weekend I had other relatives crossing the pont, I went to a musical and did a proper tourist walking tour. I loved it x)

Saturday morning had a bit of slow start. I intended to go to Covent Garden around 10am so I could join the early Free walking tour, but alas, I didn't make it. Instead I made it to city centre around 10.45am and queued to get my ticket from a Sandeman's meeting point manager. At 11.10am Patrick, our guide, gather us around him. The tour began. For two hours and a half Patrick told us all about London city, the history, the people and the mythes. Although I didn't learn that much, I did pick up some facts that I didn't know. All in all I enjoyed the tour and again, I highly recommend it!



The tour ended around 1.45pm at Westminster place, so I kind of had to hurry to Charing Cross road to be on time forrrrrr... the musical Bend it like Beckham which started at 2.30pm on the dot. Before I went in, I bought a, yes, a bubble tea. How did you guess?

Bend it like Beckham is a new musical that opened in the West End a few weeks ago. It's such a beautiful show. It's more modern than, say, Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis or Wicked. But that doesn't mean it's less impressive. The actors are so talented and when they sing, you'll just get goosebumps and a rilling all over your spin. The story is about letting go, following your dreams and accepting who you are. Just beautiful.


After the musical I walked into Foyles, just to cool off a bit as it was waaay to hot outside. And then I went back to my lovely abode to watch Captain America: the First Avenger ^^ Something completely different, but hey, Marvel.

Sunday morning around 11am I agreed to meet my uncle, aunt and cousin at Liverpool Street station as they were on holiday in London. We spent the day roaming through Spitalfield market, Sunday Upmarket, Brick Lane, etc. Around 6pm we made our way to Leicester Sq to have a look at musical tickets and then have dinner at Leong's Legend Continued... in Chinatown. Best food ever ^^

As usual, I found some pretty awesome street art on Brick Lane ^^



Wednesday evening I met up again with my aunt and uncle at Covent Garden. I really like that place, but it's really touristy. Not everybodies cup of tea. Luckily there's a Masala in the area, so we had a delicious dinner ^^ I'm starting to appreciate the spicy food from India. Or is that me just growing up?oO

As usual, we could listen to some talent singing at Covent Garden


Anyways, it was a late evening for me, as the the tube strike started Wednesday evening at 6pm. From Covent Garden I had to walk to London Victoria station, which was about a 45min walk. Thanks to the free walking tour I walked on Saturday, I was familiar with that area because it's not a part in town that I visit often. Plus it was a chance for me to see London by night. I usually don't stay out that late x)



Thursday evening was all about packing my bag, as I had a Eurostar to catch on Friday morning to Belgiuuuuum ^^ So next weeks blog post will be all about my trip to Belgium ^^

If you made it this far, congratulations ^^ And thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

New words: Inconspicuously= discrete

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...