25 April 2016

Sightseeing on my way to work and passing Lily James. (Or did I?)

Halloooo!

The Shard, Gherkin, London Eye, South Bank Lion, House of Parlement, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, 10 Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Regent street and finally Oxford Cirus. These are all the famous landmarks that I get to see every single day on my way to work. Some in the distance like the Gherkin and the Shard. Others upclose like the Big Ben and Trafalgar Square.




On Wednesday I will be living here exactly one month and it's been the best decision I've made so far. Not only are the landlord and my housemate very easy to live with, I am actually looking forward to go home at the end of the day, which is a new feeling for me. Every once in a while I still have the reflex to reach for my earplugs, but thankfully I haven't had any need of them since I moved here.

I've moved closer to town as well and on the corner of the street is a bus stop where about a billion busses can take you to various areas in London. Nearly everything is within 1 hour distance! Compared to the 1h30min or more before... I even live close enough to consider walking home after work. That is what I tried on Wednesday. I say tried, because I didn't make it all the way. A bit past Elephant and Castle I had to take the bus for the final bit. The walk from Oxford Circus up until Lambeth is very lovely. I passed Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, walked over the bridge toward Waterloo station and then Lambeth. From there the surroundings are less familiar, so I tended to follow the main road, which aren't very nice to walk past. I also didn't wear the correct footware and I kind of underestimated the weather. My hands were freezing! Anyway, I'll definitely give it another go when I'm more prepared. Maybe find a route via Borough, walk along the Thames for a bit. If I leave the office at 5.45pm I could be at home by 7.15pm! Not bad compared to where I used to live.

The most exciting thing that happened this week was probably the fact that I passed Lily James on the London streets! Well, not sure if it actually was her. Not sure she's even in London, although I should think so since the production of Romeo and Juliet is about to start in less than a month... Anyway, my brain convinced me it was her and I'm more than happy to believe it x)

That was it for this week. Besides passing Lily James on the street (if it even was her), nothing exciting happend. Half the people on my floor were ill or on leave, so there was about 3 of us to manage everything. Stressful is the least you can say about that. I've been swearing... A lot...

Anyway, tomorrow is the start of a new week and it should be a better one. Maybe not at work as two colleagues are on holiday, but next weekend I have a friend from Belgium staying over for bank holiday!^^ So looking forward to that!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...