30 April 2016

"If I were a comic book character..." and grocery shopping at Borough Market

Hallooo!!

Last Saturday I did something I've wanted to do for quite some time now. And to most people it might be a bit silly, but to me, it was definitely on my to do list whilst I am living in London. As the title of this post has already told you, I wanted to do my grocery shopping at...


I've visited the market a couple of times now. Usually with friends from Belgium who've come to visit me. A couple of time when the market was in full swing and a few times when the market was closed. (Sundays!) Now that I've moved house, Borough Market is within a 30min distance. One 20min bus journey and that is it! It's absolutely fabulous!

Of course, it was Saturday lunch time so the market was packed with people. But rather than letting it annoy me, I joined the crowd. Browsing past all the different stalls. Deciding where to buy my cheese, bread and little treat. I had a blast ^^




It is defintely not a place to do my weekly shop, but I think every few weeks I might make a little splurge ^^

The trip lasted for about an hour, if not even less. I walked to London Bridge to catch my bus back home, but not before I caught a glimps of this view.


On Sunday I went to Peckhamplex (again) to see Bastille Day with Idris Elba and Richard Madden. 'Review' will follow ;)

Monday evening I wanted to make some amendments in my planning for my trip to Scotland. I had originally planned to have 3 days of hiking on the Isle of Skye, but I wasn't sure if it was manageable so I wanted to tweek it a bit. By 11pm half of my original schedule was rearranged and all my accommodations were booked... During lunch break at work I had also already bought my train tickets to Edinburgh and on Sunday evening I had booked my car. All of the sudden my trip to Scotland is completely booked! What was first an idea, is now fact. I will go to Scotland for 15 days in less than two months! I can't tell you how freaking exciting I am!

Thursday evening, a colleague and I went to the launch of the Captain Amercia/Iron Man range in Uniqlo on Oxford Street. The first 200 people to arrive got a goodie bag (with premiums that we made x)), you could win a voucher, your portrait drawn by a comic artist or win a trip to San Fransisco. Of course we went to win that trip, which of course, we didn't. But I did win a golden ticket to have my face drawn next to captain America. I'll take that ;)


And to finish off the week lovely and start the bank holiday on an excellent note, Friday after work I met up with some people of my Thursday evening class. I'm in the late class, so there is never really a chance to mix with the early class and get to know them, until yesterday! It was so much fun ^^

And that is it for me this week! I'm very excited for bank holiday this weekend!^^ You'll see next week ;)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...