28 August 2016

A holiday home

Hallooooo!!!

I can't believe it is time again for another weekly update. Time is flying past! We'll be September next week :o

Anyway, I'm going to keep this post very short as I don't have much to say anyway. I went home (Belgium) for 10 days to see friends and family and just enjoy time off of work. It's been 5months since I last went home. The longest time since I moved abroad. I have had a blast. Quick run down on how my week looked like:

Saturday 20th August morning at 7am, the train left from St Pancras to Brussel Zuid. Around noon I was home. In the afternoon I met up with my sister and we catched up until the evening. Sunday I've visited my grandpa and picked up my grandma as she was staying with us for the next week. We were back home in the afternoon and my other grandparents stopped by for tea and cake. Monday morning was quite chilled but my eldest friends stopped by in the evening to sit around a bonfire and eat marshmellows. Tuesday morning I had breakfast with my brother, which turned into a 5hour event and in the evening I met up with Mollibol to eat Mexican. Wednesday morning was chilled again, but in the evening I met up with my sis again to eat sushi. Yum. Thursday morning another chilled morning, but in the afternoon I left for Brussels to meet up with my friends from college. Friday afternoon I met up with another friend and in the evening we went out for dinner for my dad's birthday (last week) with the family.

Saturday and Sunday are for next week's post, but I'll mention them here anyway. Saturday evening my aunt, uncle and cousin came over for a barbecue and Sunday was, I think you can say, the highlight of my week. I've followed a discovery course for motorcycles. An introduction. Was really cool, but I'll talk about that more in next weeks post ;)

Here a few pictures I've taken whilst being in Leuven and Brussels before I met up with my friends or sister or whomever I was supposed to meet.

Leuven

This is the city hall in Leuven, build in 1433 I think.

The massive libary in Leuven as well.

Brussels

Smurfs, basically my childhood and now an animated movie series... Jeez, that makes me feel old oO





Old Market in Brussel

It was such a lovely week. So relaxing and calming. Everything a holiday should do. Just because you're not traveling, doesn't mean you can't enjoy your 'holiday', even if you're at home :)

And with those words, I'll leave you to it :)

Ap per usual, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...