13 August 2016

Lightsaber combat in the garden

Halloooooo!!

Saturday 6th August was a particular happy day. It ended with lightsaber combat in the garden. How cool is that? Sunday was spent relaxing in doors and then Monday the work week started again. Thursday evening I met up with some friends so the week passed by pretty quickly :)

Some of you might not know yet, but from February 2016 until June 2016 I followed a class called Ludosport. This is basically lightsaber combat. Yes, you've read that correctly, lightsaber combat. Lightsabers. Inspired by the things Jedi's fight with in the Star Wars universe. Anyway, the classmates turned out to be pretty chill and we started going to the pub after class. And then a Ludosocial and before you know it you're part of a somewhat weird group of friends. Age, gender, sexual orientation,... nobody cares. We're all there because we're all geeks in a certain degree ^^ I'm not claiming I've met friends for life, but it is a nice change to my solitairy life. I'm not going to lie :)

So Saturday 6th August we were invited for a barbecue at a friend's house. We were so lucky with the weather! It was sunny and warm. There were two beautiful labradors running around. We drank and talked and messed around with the garden hose. After dinner it was time to get the lightsabers out and start battling or chilling on the grass. It was such a blisfull afternoon and evening. Michelle and I were planning to leave around 8pm, maybe 8.30pm... Next time we checked the time it was 10.30pm. Oops. We did catch the last train back to London and from their each their way home.


Sunday I decided to just stay in and watch YouTube videos and movies. I knew the next couple of weekends were going to be busy so I took advantage of the "I have nothing planned" moments.

As said at the beginning of this post, I met up with some of the Ludosport people on Thursday evening. As it was in an arcade I was not comfortable turning up by myself. It is unlike me, as I'm usually not really fased about showing up somewhere by myself, but because it was in an arcade, a scene that is not my style, I was intimidated as hell. So I went to Harrods to meet up with Michelle from where we went to the arcade together.

At the arcade we sat around a few tables, chatting, drinking, not really deciding what to do. I was game for a game of bowling, but I was the only one x) It isn't exactly an exciting sport/game, but I can enjoy it every once in a while, even though I usually loose. We ended up going for a late dinner at the local Slug and Lettuce and ended up staying there until people started drifting off home again.


The arcade was near the London Eye, nearby the Big Ben. I couldn't not take any pictures of it. Below you can see the view on the Elizabeth Tower over the Thames as the evening went by. The first one was when I arrived. The second one was when we left for the Slug and Lettuce. And the last one was on the way to the bus stop. I don't think I'll ever get sick of that view.




Thursday morning I woke up with a Friday feeling which sucked. But Friday turned out not to be too bad. After work I joined my friend to St Pancras as she left for France for the weekend and I needed to be at the Platform9 3/4 shop as I wanted to buy a present for a friend. And any excuse to surround myself with Harry Potter items or fans alike is a good one ;)

And this is it for this week!
As always, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...