7 August 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight book launch *squeals*

Hallooooo!!

I hope you are all doing splendid! I have had the most amazing weekend. And the only reason being: I attended a midnight launch of a Harry Potter book! Well, script... It wasn't the same experience as it probably would have been say 10 years ago, but it was a midnight launch non the less and I was stocked^^

My friend had send me a link earlier in the week to an event on Saturday, but I was a bit 'naaaah'. I'm not the biggest fan of large crowds anymore, so I kind of didn't pay any attention to any event announcements. But when Saturday 30th July came around, I of course, changed my mind. I might have pre ordered my book, but I wanted to attend a mid night launch. The majority of the midnight launches at Waterstones in centre town were ticketed events and were of course sold out, but thank god that Waterstones Tottenham Court Road organised Quidditch beerpong with free entrance and the meanfocus on adults. Kids were welcome, but because it was an event that actually served alcohol, it was less likely to attract kids and was therefore free. Just to double check, I called the store and sure enough, it was free. My friend agreed to accompany me. She is familiar with my squeals and funny noises when I get excited and enthousiastic about something and yet she still wants to be seen in public with me...x)






Sunday I stayed indoors. There was an event that basically blocked all the major street in London, so I was determined to avoid going into town or anywhere with the public transport.

Monday I picked up my own copy of the Cursed Child and I started reading immediately. By Thursday I'd finished the book and I loved it ^^ I also have tickets for the play! They're for next year, so I'll have to wait a while. But it's been 14 years so far, 1 year is not going to make a difference^^

This is what my Thursday morning looked like from 11am. By 12.30pm I had tickets.



Unfortunately the tickets for the 2017 production are now sold out as well.

I had a few early mornings during the week as well, so I had time to grap a coffee at Costa coffee or Nero cafe and read a bit before heading to the office.


Breakfast on Regent Street

I had a Skype call with my parents on Thursday evening and Friday evening was the leaving party of one of my colleagues. It was fancy dress and the theme was Back to School as she is returning to uni to complete her master degree. It wasn't a late night, but it was a fun one :)

And that is it for this week's update. The high light was definitely the midnight launch party of the 8th Harry Potter story and being able to read a new Harry Potter book (well, script).

Thanks for reading!^^
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...