12 September 2016

I have a new roommate, Outlander SE2 and PanAm

Hellooooo!!

This post is going live rather late. I have a good excuse though, I'm currently in Edinburgh. Yes, again. Don't judge me, alright? I've just found a little peace and quiet, so I took the opportunity to write my weekly update :) Not that there is much to tell. Well show. I can tell enough. You see, I've locked myself out of my room this week and I've got a little room mate! I just can't show any pictures.

Anyway, to start from the beginning: the weekend. Saturday I discovered a new tv series: Pan Am. 10 or 13 episodes of 1 season and I binge watched it in one go. The series honestly gave the great urge to travel x) Although I'd be bad at it, I'm not a fan of uniforms... The series is set in the Jet Age, 1960's and it simply looks fabulous.




Sunday morning I finished the series (told you I binge watched it) and I moved on to the final 5 episodes for Outlander season 2. I started watching back in April, but I'm so bad a waiting a week for another episode, so I decided to call it quits for the time being so I could watch all the remaining episodes in one go. Although I knew how it was going to end as I've read Dragonfly in the Amber, the second book in the series and the book on which this season is based. And anyone who is a bit familiar with Scottish history and the Jacobite rising in particular, knows the ending as well.



After watching the season finale, I needed to know what is coming next, so I've started reading Voyager, the 3rd book in the Outlander series. It is a book of a whopping 1059 pages but at the end of the week I had already reached page 400. Give me two more weeks and that book is finished.

Then, on Tuesday I managed to lock myself out of my room. I had my windows open and when I went to the kitchen, I stupidly forgot to put the lock open so it doesn't close. Sure enough, my room door closed so I couldn't get back in. 'No biggy' I thought, as I was sure the landlord would have a spare key. Turned out he didn't -.- So we started trying various methodes to break into my room. Somehow my landlady managed to open the door with a piece of paper. I was thrilled, but very worried at the same time. What is the point of a lock if it can be opened to easily?:s Anyway, got a spare key now.

And on Wednesday I got the fright of my life, for about 10seconds. Just after I'd finished my dinner and I was leaning back in my chair I saw a movement in the corner of my eye. A tiny little mouse was scuffling around. I am well aware that having mice in the house isn't the ideal situation and I knew the mouse had to go, so I went to my landlord to ask for a mouse trap. With a very heavy heart I set the trap and went to bed. Following morning the chocolate, the bait, was gone and the trap didn't collapse. So Thursday evening I tried again, set the trap and see what'd happen. Halfway through the night I woke because of it. It was running around my floor, shivering from whiskers to tail. Poor thing. It was so scared. I'd be too though, if I'd known someone wants to kill me... Anyway, Friday morning, the trap did collapse. However, no mouse and the bait was gone. Clever little fella! So Friday evening I decided to try another technique all together: block off the hole he is living in. Saturday morning I left for Edinburgh really early so I have yet to discover what has become of my little roommate.

That is it for this weeks update. Nothing fabulous, just your everyday life with a tinge of stupidness and heart,

As always thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...