24 May 2015

58hours in Belgium

Hallooooo!!

I hope you are all very well and are enjoying the bank holiday! That is if you are having a day off tomorrow of course. If not, Happy Sunday!!

Last weekend I went back home to see friends and family. I didn't film or take that many pictures, so my apologies in advance for the lack of pictures on the blog post. To be fair, I was too busy catching up with everything that is going on in Belgium and I just didn't think about picking up my camera...

Anyways, here's a short recap from my busy weekend on European mainland.

A 16h day.
Saturday was insane. It was the only day I could see friends and family so I had to make the most of it. The day started at 8am to be on the road to Bruge by 9. I hadn't seen my granddad since New Year's eve so I had to pay him a visit. By 12pm we were back home to set the table for lunch. My oldest friends from preschool were coming over^^ Lunch lasted for 2hours as we had a bizillion things to catch up on x) By 3.45pm the last of the preschool friends left and by 4.10 my buddy from high school arrived. He dropped me off in Leuven by 5.45pm where I met my sister at 5.55pm to grab some dinner. When I was last in Belgium during Christmas break we went to a sushi restaurant for dinner and we both liked it so much that it definitely was something to repeat. And here you go x) By 9pm I was back home and by 10pm I went over to one of the preschool friends house to see Leap Year. I wasn't home before 1am, so Saturday was definitely a busy day! Unfortunately I still couldn't see everybody that I wanted to see :(

30th wedding anniversary
Sunday was allllll family time! My parents are married for a whopping 30 years so of course that needs some celebration! We went to a museum about the history of sport, which I have to say was very interesting. At the end of the tour they had some traditional games and tests to compare yourself with athelets. Super funny^^


To end the day beautifully, nature treated us with this amazing view.


Back to the island
Monday morning I had to catch the Eurostar to London at 7am, so it was an early morning again. The journey went very smoothly and by 8am I arrived in London St Pancras. In time to head to the office :) On the train I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. The train ride takes about 2hours so it is the perfect time to watch a movie! Friday evening on the train from London to Brussels I saw Iron Man :)


As for the rest of the week, it went just as it always does. Sometimes stressful, sometimes laughter,... Thursday after work I went to the pub with a couple of my colleagues, which is always a nice 'break' from work and the week :)

That's it for this week! Nice and short in'it?x)

As always, thanks for reading!!!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...