17 July 2015

Back in Belgium

Hallooooo!!

My week holiday is almost coming to an end. Next week I'll be back in London, back to work. But first, I'll enjoy the remaining two days ^^

Friday morning 10th July I had to take the Eurostar at London St Pancras and boy, I was on time. My train left at 8.55am, but I was at the train station 7am. Hey, I didn't want to take any risks with the tube strike going on and the few train delays I had last week. So safe to say my journey to Brussels was more than stress free. I watched the movie "10 things I hate about you", had a bit of reading in the Martian, had a little nap...

Friday afternoon I didn't do much besides catching up with my mum and dad and just settling in. Saturday afternoon I stopped by at the bakery where I used to work to say hello to my former boss. The weather was so beautiful and she invited me to spend the afternoon swimming in her pool. It was also nice to catch up with the girls I used to work with! ^^ Good times, good times ^^

Than, on to Sunday. Mum and dad left on holiday so I had the entire house all to myself for the rest of the week ^^ HOUSE PARTY! Okay, no, mum, dad, not to worry :) Sunday afternoon one of my oldest friends stopped by and we had a proper catch up. We baked pancakes and watch '10 things I hate about you'. I know I know, I saw that movie already on the Eurostar from London to Brussels, but hey, if it's a good film, why not see it again (and again)?

I have this group of friends I basically grew up with and I normally see them whenever I'm in Belgium. There's rarelly been an exception. But this week, no one really seemed to be able to have time to meet up. Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed, but I can understand that they had other things planned already. But, my friends are the awesomest friends, so they let me think they didn't have the time to meet up and then all of the sudden SURPRISE. Monday evening I met up with one of the group at her house and the rest of the group sat in the kitch, only to yell "surprise" when I walked in. I was soo happy to see them ^^ Best surprise!! Of course, my blogger mentality went right out of the window, so I don't have any pictures of that evening. But I had the best time ^^

Tuesday was a relaxed day. In the evening I had to go to the vet with our cat though. The little old guy has worms and you have to get rid of them. I breaks my heart whenever I see him unwell. He's such a cutie patotie.

Wednesday I met up with MOLLY! It was like the good old days in London, only now we were in Brussels. From 1pm til 6pm we were chatting away and still I have the feeling we haven't discussed everything. It's not like we hear each other every day or even every week when I'm in the UK, but everytime we meet it's like no day has passed and we pick up right where we left off. I'd say that's a friendship goal x)


Thursday was sister day. My sis and I went to a wellness in the afternoon. Something we do two or three times a year. I'm not a huge massage fan, but I do enjoy the sauna's and the pool! ^^ The weather was so nice as well. A bit too nice maybe, because I burned my tummy. And yes I applied sunscreen. That's me done sunbathing for the next couple of weeks x) Ah well, I'm not gonna complain. Now I have a valid excuse to stay indoors and watch Outlander x) Thursday evening we also had a barbecue with some of my sister's friends. I had such a lovely time ^^

Friday was a bit of a weird day. Like I mentionned in this blog post Travel diary Scotland day 7: Mrs Rowling, are you home? there's always a weird vibe when the end of a holiday approaches. I have two days left before I am going back to London. The sis came over to hang out in our beautiful garden so it was a very laid back day. I can't chill in the garden I have in London, so I'm taking the most I can from the garden back home.

This week I also finished reading The Martian. The book 'review' will be up on Wednesday. Aaaand, I started watching the tv serie Outlander. I am s o l d. I'm currently watching episode 11 of the first season, but I'm already looking online for the books because I want to read them! It's brilliant. I still have 5 episodes to watch and I have until Sunday evening, so I better start binge watching x)

A quick introduction: 1943, Claire Randall, a WWII nurse, is on a second honeymoon in Inverness, Scotland, to reconnect with her husband after the war. When she visits the standing stones of Craigh na Dun she travels 200 years back in time. She needs to survive in the Scottish highlands and find a way back to the 20th century. Along her journey she meets young Jamie Fraser and the clan MacKenzie and she learns that the Scottish people are on the brink of war with the Red Coats (England). As she knows the outcome of that war (with Scotland on the losing side) she needs to find a way to warn them.

This was my view for a part of my holiday





And that is basically it for this week. Nothing really exciting, but that was exactly what I needed. A week of rest. No noisy neighbours, sleeping without earplugs, clean kitchen and bathroom,... Ooh paradise ^^ But I am curious to how I'll find the house in London when I return on Monday. I'll let you know in next week's blog post ;)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...