14 September 2014

Rounders, New City Kings and sushi

Hallooooo!

I hope everyone is well.

To anyone who is new to this blog, please allow me to give an introduction (if you are familiar, please feel free to skip to the video. Or if you don't like reading, feel free to skip to the video as well ;)) :

I created this blog whilst I was an intern at RDP (yes, you guys). After my Erasmus experience in France a lot of people asked: "And? How was it? What did you do?" And I realized that I'd forgotten more than half of the stuff that I did.

My second time abroad, I was determined not to make the same "mistake" twice. The original plan was just to film everything. As my first video was edited, I realized that just wasn't enough, so tada: Sara lives in London was born. Every weekend I'd upload a blog post with a video attached for my friends and family to read and watch.

5 months in and this blog has grown quite a bit. I am not only uploading my weekly "adventures" in London (if there are any), but I have also written blog posts about other things as well.

Please note that English isn't my first language, therefore I am well aware of the amount of errors in my posts. Nevertheless, I am still writing and I have to admit, I'd never thought I'd end up loving it as much as I do :)

To go on with this weeks blog post, enjoy watching the video ;)


My weekend was quiet just like last week. Since it was my first weekend with an internet connection at the house, I took my time to catch up with all the vlogs I missed from Hannah Maggs and uploaded last weeks blog post. I had a lovely brows on my Weheartit page and I hate to admit it, but it felt so good when that picture I added hit 1000likes. Oooh, our society that thrives on likes...

The week was all excitement! I prepared my trip to Windermere, I played rounders and I saw Molly during my lunch break on Friday! 

Lets play a game of rounders.
After work I walked to Regent's Park to meet the colleagues from RDP (yes, you guys). I was invited to play a game of rounders. I know that is quite an unknown game in Belgium, but believe me: it is a lot of fun. It's like baseball, but different, if that makes sense.

In my opinion you can compare it with the Hunger Games. No worries, nobody died. We were not put in an arena where we had to fight each other to the death. But figuratively, you can make the comparison:
- You run for your life because if you don't hit the cone before the ball does, you're killed off.
- You play until there is one man left standing.
- The amount of running you do is insane.
- Your muscles will hurt like hell, even the days after the game.

I believe Katniss did and felt all the same things?

Team photos of course
As expected, the photos I took are rubbish, but Ali was so kind to send me the picture above :) Thanks!

Carnaby Style Night: New City Kings
Thursday evening after work I went for a stroll in Carnaby street and there I met New City Kings. 4 dudes, sitting on a sofa on Carnaby Street playing their music. Man, they were good. You'd almost think you were listening to a CD, so good. And the singer could actually sing. The vein pulsing in his neck and his head turning red whilst he was hitting a higher note or a longer tone proved that it was all live.


To make things even better, they were handing out free CD's with 5 of their songs. In my opinion a genius marketing strategy. I am not tempted to buy a CD from a group I am not familiar with and I just heard for the first time (I have learned my lesson the hard way). Now, I had the chance to listen to their music and then decide if I really like it or not. And they succeeded: I was listening to Change on repeat whilst packing for the Lake District and I am even writing about them! Those who know me, know that I am not a music person and that I prefer a DVD over a CD any time.

Please listen to one of their songs and give your opinion.



Sushi with Molly
My good friend Molly, who was with me last time I was in London (whilst I was an intern at RDP (yes, you guys)), was in London for the week. What a surprise! She was here with her nieces to visit colleges and do some shopping. Friday morning I received a lovely text message with the question if I wanted to meet for lunch. Euh, OF COURSE!

Just like "old times" we went to Yo!Sushi for, obviously, sushi. It was as if no time has past. I didn't go home in July, she is not not living in London herself. And I have to say, it was weird saying goodbye, knowing that I won't see her until the 9th October.

At the moment I am in Windermere, the Lake District, so get ready for next weeks blog post x)

As always, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...