14 October 2014

The Perks of being a Wallflower

#movietime

Hallooo!!

Because the next blog post most likely will not go live this weekend, I forsee two blog post this week to make up for it. This is the first one. 

I am sure a lot of you have already heard about this movie. Especially because Emma Watson is starring in it. But I'll write a blog post anyway, simply because I loved the book and loved the movie!

2012
Director: Stephen Chbosky
Actors: Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ezra Miller, Kate Walsh, etc
Lenght: 102min= 1h 42min
Family proof
Genre: Drama

Charlie is a freshman in high school and has difficulties making new friends. He isn't like all the other students his age. As the story evolves we get to know Charlie and this touching story.

If you are like me and you want to see every movie Emma Watson has ever starred in, then that is one reason to watch it. If you have read the coming-of-age novel and are curious about the movie, that is an other reason to watch it. Don't worry, it won't disappoint. It is a beautiful movie to watch with a friend who has the same taste in movie as you have.

But I have to warn you, the undertone and storyline is quite serious. It is not depressing or anything. It's just very moving.

You meet Charlie, a slightly more awkward freshman in high school who just tries to find a way to fit in. Then he meets Patrick and Sam and for the first time he knows what it is like to have friends. Besides the struggles most freshmen have in high school, the story also touches the subjects of sexuality and abuse. It is not your typical light themed movie about high school.

If you don't feel the need to cry halfway the movie, then I have no idea what else could/would make you cry. And it might come as a big surprise, but you actually will not cry because it is sad. You'll cry because, ok it is sad, but it is so much more than only sad. It is so beautiful and powerful at the same time. The phrase "I feel infinite" descripes it perfectly. 

Stephen Chbosky produced so many beautiful quotes. They really make you think twice about them. "I feel infinite" is one of them, "Welcome to the island of misfit toys" and "We accept the love we think we deserve" are other examples.


A still from the movie.
From the very first scene, the very first line Logan Lerman says as Charlie, you are drawn into the story. He is cast spot on. You really feel for him. You want to just hug him and tell him everything is going to be just fine. Emma Watson does an amazing job. If you had ever any doubt about her acting skills, you will have them no longer. And Ezra Miller. Well, he portrays everything what Patrick is. He completes the trio. The chemistry between Logan, Emma and Ezra is what makes the movie work.

I hope you are convinced to see the Perks of being a Wallflower yourself if you haven't already. Please let me know your thoughts and opinion on this blog post :) I'd love to get some constructive feedback!

Thanks for reading and make sure to watch the videos I have linked below :)
xo - Sara

Quote from the movie
Charlie: My Aunt Helen has said I should be a writer, but I don't know what I'd write about.
Sam: You could write about us.
Patrick: Yeah! Call it 'Slut and the Falcon'. Make us solve crimes. 

Videos
Enjoy watching these videos I found on the world wide web

Trailer

Popsugar interview with Emma Watson and Stephen Chbosky

BBC Radio 1 interview with Emma Watson. It's hilarious :D

Sources
IMDb and YouTube, of course.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...