28 February 2015

Happy Chinese New Year!! And almost bumping into Bill Nighy

Halloooo!!!!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! (one week too late. Aah well)

This might look like a very super long blog post, but 3/4 are photos, so not to worry :)

To start with Saturday 21st February
That's right, the month is almost over. On Saturday I went to Watford for a room viewing. Remember I told you that I'm looking for somewhere different to live? Well, I had high hopes for this one. But as soon as I walked into the house it was a no go. You can imagine my disappointment. Ah well, I've had a nice trip to Watford, so not all was lost. I even considered to take the shuttle bus to the Leavesden Studios, since I was in Watford anyway. But then I thought better of it and just took the first train back to London Euston. If I'd gone to the Harry Potter Studios no doubt that I would've bought something I really didn't need but wanted simply because it was wizarding world related.

Instead I went to Costa (surprise surprise) next to Premier Inn Euston for lunch. That Costa cafe was the very first cafe I had my very first giant cappucino on the very first day in the very first hour on my very first trip to London . Basically where it all started x) Let's dig up that old photograph ;)

Photo April 2009


Year of the Sheep. Or the Goat. Or whatever animal it is.
Sunday 22nd February (aka Oscar day) was Chinese New Year. China Town was traffic free and Trafalgar Square was packed with people. I've never seen so many people gathered on the square. Also my apologies for the quite crappy photos.


Camilla and I stayed to have a look at the ceremony and then go to China Town to grab some lunch. I had a pork bun, some delicious noodles and bubble tea of course :)

As part of a ritual for blessing and good fortune, the 'dragons' (They're not dragons, but I've forgotten what they're called... Anyone?) would go to every shop in China Town and eat lettuce that hung from the door frames. It was really interesting to see :)

traffic free
the lettuce
pork bun


It's kind of embarressing to say, but I'd actually never really wandered around China Town before. Walked through, yes, but actually looking around and considering eating chinese food? No. But, for everything is a first, right? :) And I liked the decorations :) For some reason it reminded me of my grand parents.

Whilst Camilla and I were eating our lunch, we saw the 'dragons' from the front row, as they passed right by us on their way to the next store or restaurant :)

And we had a lot of fun looking at all the different and strange flavours the Chinese come up with for their cookies x)


As it started to rain by 3 in the afternoon, we decided to call it a day and head home. I had plenty of work to do on my blog and video anyway. So by 4pm I was snuggled up in bed, working hard on my previous blog post to make sure it went live that evening :)

Almost bumping into Bill Nighy
As for the rest of the week, it was the same as usual :) Well, not entirely as usual. Monday after work, I walked from the office to London Victoria. As I wanted to avoid the crowd on Regent Street, I walked on Saville Row. On Saville Row, as I've told you before, is the Kingsman shop (Huntsman). When I passed I noticed they had a different window display going on. Apparently they've made suite for Laurence Olivier, Rex Harrison and Gregory Peck when they were nominated for an Oscar back in the day. So naturally I took pictures for the blog :) As I turned away from the store to start walking again, I almost bumped into, yes, Bill Nighy. Casual Monday evening.. x) So far I'd passed Helen McCrory and Alex Zane in the London streets. Now I can add Bill Nighy to the very short list :)


Movies I've watched
It was again a very slow week in the movie department. Mainly because I've been reading a lot more.

I've finished the Mortal Instrument book series, which was pretty though. It amazing how you can feel home sick to an imaginary world, to ficticious character simply because someone wrote specific words in an order on a few pages. Needless to say that I loved the book series and I was seriously tempted to just start the series again, but then I thought 'nah, I've plenty of other books that are waiting to be read'. So I'm currently reading Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. And I'm considering writing blog posts about it. And books in general. Like I've done for a few movies. Ah well, you'll see when something new goes online :)

Oh wait, I did see one movie: Song One, with Anne Hathaway and Johnny Flynn. Beautiful. So beautiful.


New words: bulk packed= not in a retail package; consolidating= combined

That's it for this week! Thanks for reading :)
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...