16 February 2015

Going home for the weekend with the wrong train ticket...

Halloooooo!!

My apologies for the delays. I have had quite the weekend, but more on that later this week :) What was I up to last weekend?

Wrong ticket
On Friday evening after work, I took the Eurostar to European mainland. Everything went very smoothly up until I was sat at Costa (my usual) to have dinner. Whilst chillen and sitting there, I thought: "Let me just check my tickets. Make sure I have the right ones with me". I am going back to Belgium in May and I have these train tickets printed out already as well and I save them in the same folder. So you know, imagine I'd taken the May tickets instead of the February tickets... I guess my face was worth a million when I saw the date on my train tickets. May...  That instant stomach drop, heart beat going up, first sights of panic in my head and, me being me (a major weeper (quote from the Holiday)) the first prickles of tears in my eyes. First reaction: call dad. I had my phone in hand, dailed his number, let it ring one time, then thought better of it. "Just stay calm, I'm sure you'll find someone nice enough who will let you print out your train tickets. I mean, plenty of stores in St Pancras!" Okay, no panic, everything was going to be just fine. But my dad being my dad, he'd already seen that I'd tried to call him and he called me back instantly. And actually a good thing he did. Whilst I was thinking about the stores in St Pancras, he suggested I should just go to a Eurostar desk and just explain what happened. Logical, right?:) Meanwhile I was eating my dinner at top speed, so I could find somewhere to collect my correct tickets as soon as possible. Thank god I asked for a paper cup instead of a normal cup for my hot chocolate (after my disastrous experience in a Costa in Brighton, I try to avoid normal cups. If you're in for a laugh, here's the blog post :)) With my paper cup in hand, I was off to the Eurostar desk. It was 5:10pm and my train left at 5:57pm. My original plan was to go through check in around 5:30pm and enjoy a lovely dinner before that. So at 5:15pm I approached a Eurostar employee and explained that I had the wrong train tickets on me. He asked for my reference number, which I had on my smartphone (huray). Quick check of surname and my correct tickets rolled out of the machine. I kept apologizing, but he simply said: "it happens all the time. No worries. As long as you haven't forgotten you're supposed to travel today" :) At the same time they called everyone to check in as soon as possible, because of the many travellers. So because I had the wrong ticket, I had to go to the check in area earlier so I had plenty of time to check in. Everything happens for a reason some might say? :)

After a very easy and drowsy train ride, I arrived in Brussels safe and sound :)

Movietime on the Eurostar
Monday morning I had a train back at 7am. Why didn't you leave Sunday evening, you may ask? Well, Sunday was my granddad's 85th birthday party and I didn't want to leave early simply to catch my train. And well, Monday morning was cheaper than Sunday evening as well. So it was a win-win.

The alarm clock went off at 4:30am, so you can imagine what a long day Monday it was for me. On the train ride I watch the movie The Tale of Despereaux (another Emma Watson movie I can cross off my list). It's a really adorable story about a brave little mouse with gigantic ears.


This was my view in the train:


It was kind of unsurreal for me. I left home at 5am in the morning and by 8am I was back in London, in time to go straight to the office.


As for the rest of the week, everything went as usual. The one really exciting thing that happened was buying a Brita water filter can and a new cafeterie. And believe me, I was (and still am) o v e r the moon!! :) I also brought back my Grumpy mug from Disney, so I have my coffee each morning in the proper mug now:)

Friday evening my friend, Amal, arrived in London St Pancras, but that is for the next blog post :)

Movies I've watched:
If you need movie inspiration, this week I've watched PS I love you, Leap Year, Laggies, Like Crazy, Chasing Liberty and of course The Tale of Despereaux

Thanks for reading!!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...