13 June 2015

Travel diary Scotland day 1, 2015: traveling to Edinburgh

Halloooooo!!

Hurray! The hostel I'm staying in has free WiFi! Here's the first blog post of the week ^^






Oh yeah, be prepared to see a lot of landscape photos this week x)

Thank you, National Rail
Thank god I took the entire day off of work. My original plan was to take the train to Edinburgh after work, like I did when I went to the Lake District. But thank god I didn't do that.

Instead I had a very chillaxed morning. I had a cup of coffee and some chocolate for breakfast (the pancakes I intended to eat went bad :( ), had a bath and cleaned the last bits in my room so that I can come home in a clean room :)

I planned to leave at 12pm, but that didn't happen. I still had enough time to get to London King's Cross though so no reason to start panicking yet. But when I arrived in Norbury station the first to train to London Victoria were delayed with no specific times. Great. I had about an hour and 15min to get to north London... As I didn't want to take any risks, I decided to take the bus to Brixton undergrounds station so I could take the Victoria line to King's Cross. But you never know how trafic is going to be, so it was time to start stressing out... Plus I had my luggage, which is always a nightmare on a bus. And it was about a 1000°C so I was sweating like crazy.

To cut a long story short, I arrived in the station on time. I even had time to buy a meal deal and some sweets for on the long journey. That sandwich was the first solid food I've had today.

Traveling for 4hours and dinner at Wagamama
Unfortunatly the train was pretty full booked and there was not enough storage space, so I was starting to stress out about that too. Luckily it wasn't too big of a deal that my luggage didn't fit on a storage shelf. *oef* So once I sat down on my seat I was on my way and stuck on that train for the next 4hours and a half. Perfect time to watch two movies: Accepted and Now you see me.

Once we were closer to Edinburgh, we drove past the sea for a while and it was so beautiful! Some ruines, some sheep, some shore,... It was stunning.




Around 6h30pm I arrived safe and sound in Edinburgh! Whoop whoop! Check in at the hostel, looking for the car rental office and finding dinner where the three piorities.

Entrance to the Haggis hostel where I'm staying for the night
A room with a *view*

Checking in and finding the car rental office were done very quickly, but finding dinner was a bit more tricky. Well, I knew I wanted to eat Wagamama. I mean, what meal is more suitable than a chicken ramen after having no decent meal for the entire day? Exaclty. But on my way to Wagamama's I walked through East Princes and West Princes Gardens and I got a little bit distracted. The view was so beautiful!




The photos aren't the best quality, but I couldn't bother to bring my big camera and my small camera isn't working properly anymore :( Maar ik roei met de riemen die ik heb.

I'm currently sitting on my bed in the hostel, whilst the three girls from Ireland I'm sharing a room with are getting ready to go out. I'm going to finish here because tomorrow is going to be a looooong day.

I hope you enjoyed the first blog post of the week!
Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...