17 June 2015

Travel diary Scotland day 5, 2015: I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky - Brave


Halloooooo!!

What a day, what a day, what a day. I went for a hike and was almost blown away by the wind x)



I woke before my alarm because my room is right below the room of the son of the owners of the lodge -.- I really don't like children at the moment. But I was awake so I could just as easily get up and start my day. During breakfast I talked with a couple from Germany and they highly recommended Iceland as a perfect travel destination. I guess I'll add that to my growing list of places to visit x)

The owners of the lodge kindly suggested some walks in the area around Glenmore, but neither of them really explained in full detail on how to get there or how the trail was called etc. So it was up to me again to figure it all out.

I had to drive to Glenmore, so it was the perfect opportunity to stop at a Tesco in Aviemore to get some lunch. Never go on a hike without water, food and a rain coat. And some other stuff x)

Once I had parked my car at the Glenmore lodge, the guy sitting at the reception of the lodge was extremely helpfull. He explained all the different trails in the area and kindly highlighted two of them explaining in detail how to go and where to go. I decided to do the shorter tour of the two as it was already 11am and that is in hiking terms 'a very late start'.



The way up to the top of Meall a'Bhuachaille was hard and excruciating and it made me realize once more on how incredibly unfit I really am. But the way to the top was outer worldy.




All the hard work paid off and I was rewarded with the most beautiful view and about 10 beaufort in my face. I'm normally not about the selfies, but the wind was so ridicilous strong I couldn't help but laugh with myself at the thought of my appearance. Completely wind swept, hair all over the place, beanie almost over my eyes and my eyes bearly open.





I got a bit of both worlds: wide stretched landscapes and forest walks.


By 3pm I was already by my car. The trail took me about 4hours to complete with a very long lunch break at the top, so I kind of overestimated that tour.  Tomorrow I will try to hike the other trail, which has an estimate duration of about 6hours. That should keep me occupied for the day. I do intent to start my walk before 11am though. Preferably around 8.30 ish. But we'll see.

Just as I reached my car it started to rain, so in that perspective it was perfectly timed. I drove back to the car park at Tesco and had a little nap in my car. The sound of rain on the roof and being tired after the hike, it was all just a bit too much :) Around 5pm I had dinner and then went straight back to the lodge to have an early night in. Mind you, it's 11.30pm, not exactly early. The internet here is sooooo slow and my evenings consist mainly of uploading pictures to my laptop, to my phone, to instagram, to my blog,... I guess that's what's it like to be a blogger? Aah well, it makes me keep on top of things. The idea of having to go through 1000 pictures and minutes of footage at the end of the week, nahah, not gonna happen. I do have to start planning on when I want my video to go online so I can start planning the editing.  So much to think about :)

Anyway, I finally reached the end of today's blog. If you did too, congratulations! My apologies for my bad English. I can't be bothered to re read it, so no doubt a million spelling mistakes and randoms words will be missing from some sentences. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...