18 June 2015

Travel diary Scotland day 6, 2015: Mum, if you knew what I did today I think you'd have had a heart attack

Halloooo!

Day number 6 has passed and was in my opinion well spent. I can't believe I have only 3 days left on my trip :(

But for today's activity, I did go on the hike that I wanted to do! The weather was really peculiar as it was mostly cloudy, but then sometimes the sun would come out and then 5min laters it was raining and super windy... I'm exhausted by the way.




So this morning I started my journey at around 9am, only 30min later than first was planned, but 2hours earlier than yesterday x)

This trail to the Chalamain Gap was much less steep than the trail I did yesterday to Meall a'Bhuachaille (thank god) and I enjoyed it immensly.




Before I knew it it was 12pm and I was standing in front of the gap.

Yesterday the guy at the Glenmore lodge reception said 'you clamber through that a bit and then you come out on the other side'. He made it sound very casual. Whilst in reality it wasn't. Mum, if you'd seen me clambering over those rocks today, I think you'd have had a heart attack. At some points it was super windy that I almost fell over and the rocks were wet because of the constant drizzling. It was a proper hands-feet operation.



You do feel tiny at moments like that and it puts all your problems and issues in perspective. You can't go up agains mother Nature. Not to worry, it wasn't that dangerous or I wouldn't have done it. But everytime the wind hits you, you just realise how tiny and unsignificant you really are.

The view on the other side was breathtaking and I had lunch by the riverside. Short lunch break that was because it was coo-oold. The descent took about 3hours so around 4pm I reached my car. Let me tell you, my feet were grateful x) That was a proper 7hour hike! And I do recommend this trail!






I bought ready made lasagne and a chocolat mousse in Tesco so I didn't have to eat out today. So that was an early dinner again tonight. And now I'm writing this blog post :) It's not a long one, but I prefer to let the pictures speak for itself :)

I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...