19 June 2015

Travel diary Scotland day 7, 2015: Mrs Rowling, are you home?

Halloooooo!

Today was a bit meh. There's always a weird vibe when then the end of a holiday approaches. So yeh, today wasn't the best day of the trip.

The sun right before the clouds took over


I woke up 3 times last night and at 6.50am the son of the lodge owners woke up and started running and screaming around the house. If you like a quiet accommodation, I wouldn't suggest that lodge. Anyways, after a lovely breakfast and a nice chat with a couple staying at the lodge as well, I packed my bag, paid and left for Pitlochry. A cute little town between Aviemore and Edinburgh. It was so small it only took me about an hour to get the general view of the town.




After Pitlochry I drove to Aberfeldy. Nothing really special about that town either, except that it's the town where J.K Rowling lives. Of course she has her estate a bit outside the town centre, but she sure did choose a cute little town to settle down ^^



As it was lunch time, what better place to get something to eat? At the Habitat cafe I ate the most delicious burger ever oO





Next stop was The Hermitage near Dunkeld. It was a suggestion of one of my colleagues so why not check it out?




The last stop before I drove to Edinburgh was Loch Leven in Kinross. On an island on the loch stands the ruins of Loch Leven Castle. In that castle Mary, queen of Scots, was once a prisoner but she escaped, like a proper bad ass. But if you just read the English history it's like Game of Thrones, but in real live. I guess we all know where George R R Martin got his inspiration ;)

This picture was taken way up North between Isle of Skye and Inverness. Wester Ross... Westeros... Might be a coincidence though, but I see a link? No?



Unfortunately I was too late to take a ferry to the visit the castle, but on the bright side I had plenty of time to hand in my car. And I needed that time. Rush hour... I was really sad to say goodbye to 'my' car. I liked that car, but I won't be needing it whilst city tripping in Edinburgh. That's what I'll be doing tomorrow ^^

Thanks for reading! Again my apologies for all the mistakes in this blog post, but I'm too tired to have a reread.
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...