27 July 2014

#100happydays, challenge accepted :)

Halloooo!!

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who bothers to read what I have to say every week x) Really, thanks :)

As most people, I try to do great and amazing things. It is nice to make your parents and grandparents proud, it is nice that people admire your hard work and persistence. But sometimes it is hard to remember why you started. Why you did what you did in the first place.

But life isn't about one great achievement after the other, it is about what is in between those great achievements. And that you don't always have to do mind blowing things to make yourself happy.

And that is what this blog post is all about. I did my great year abroad, I did the graduation of college thing and now I am making plans to move abroad again. But what I really truly enjoyed during my one month being at home, were the little things. Seeing my eldest friends, a random skype conversation at 2 in the morning, finding the right nail polish,... Every day there was something that brought me joy.

Loads of people asked me: "And? What are you going to do now?" or "Any plans going on holiday this summer break?" To both of this questions I had one answer: "I don't know" And it was amazing to say (for once, I really liked saying that phrase). I literally didn't have a clue what the month of July would bring. As it turned out I didn't go on a holiday far away and I didn't go to a festival. I stayed right at home and enjoyed every second of it.

I'd like to share 5 examples of the little things that brought me joy during this month.

1) Going to the nearest lake with my sister to escape the warm weather and cool off ! (Yes, this is a video, so you can click on it and watch it and then click here to read the blog post ;))



2) Finding the exact colour of nailpolish I was looking for!

Romper room by Essie
3) One of my eldest friends came by to watch a movie, but it turned into a slumber party. We colour coordinated my nail polishes, watch Bridget Jones's diary and eat American pancakes.


4) Finally figuring out how to add the Instagram Widget on my blog. And how to add the pictures of my other blog posts under each blog post.


5) And since I quit the scouts this year (because I was more abroad than in the country) I decided to go to the "bezoekdag". It is one day during the 14 days camp that the parents can visit their children on the camp location. I had a blast. I saw many many people that I hadn't seen in almost a year!

Perfect location for a camp
These are a few examples of very day to day things that made me feel very happy during this month. And I hope you can find things that made you happy in the last month.

Whilst I was skyping with Amal, my very good friend from college, she mentioned the 100happydays hashtag. It is quite the commitement, but I think this hashtag states exactly what I am trying to say in this blog post. So, challenge excepted!! Watch out, Instagram! x)

As always, thank you very much for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...