5 October 2014

Battersea Park, DVD lists and Gone Girl screening

Halloooo!

Just as last week, this one will be a short blog post :) Yay!

DVD lists
As I said last week, I had the idea of going to Brighton. But when I looked up the train tickets, I just... It was a no. £26.3 there and back. If you know that last time I went to Brighton I paid £10 there and back. I just didn't think it was worth the money to spend an afternoon by the seaside, not being really prepared.

So instead I watched a couple of the new dvd's that I bought on Friday :) We bought a Zoo, the Proposal and Sunshine Cleaning. I recommend all three :) I also started to make a list of all the DVD's that I own. Turns out: I left part of my DVD's back home in Belgium... The last thing I will say about it: it took longer than anticipated...



Battersea Park, the Death Cure and TCON
Sunday was a bit more active. As in: I went outside the house x) Because I enjoyed last Sunday so much, I decided to just repeat it. Take the train into town see where I end up. Because I was well aware of the fact that I have more books than I have time to read, I have consciously avoided the center of London and therefore Waterstones.

From London Victoria I walked, with a Costa Coffee in hand, South towards Battersea Park instead of North towards Buckingham Palace. As a result, I saw a new part of London and I had a lovely afternoon walk through town and through the park. Eventually I ended up on a bench looking over a pond, reading.


View on Battersea park from Chelsea bridge.
It might not show in the picture, but it was actually a very warm day
I wish I had more time to walk through Battersea Park, but I just couldn't stop reading the Death Cure. I remember so well, after reading the Maze Runner, telling my friend who'd read the books (yes, you, Molly) that I wasn't really sure what to think of it. She just said: "read them all and then we'll talk". My colleague said the exact same thing. And man I am glad I did! I ended up L O V I N G them! That James Dashner did a fine job. I am even tempted to read the prequel the Kill Zone. But first I am going to read TCON. 7 small books with large margins and drawings. Completely the opposite of LOTR x) You would think that J.R.R Tolkien would have listen to his friend when it came to book margins x) And they are supposed to be children's books. I say "supposed to be". The Maze Runner trilogy and the Hobbit are supposed to be children's books as well... So we'll see.

Gone Girl screening
Tuesday evening was very exciting. We had a meeting with the Regent Street Association regarding a very exciting event that is happening really soon. So you'll probably want to keep your eyes open for this one ;) And dad, you'll be proud: I kept the name tag! x)

After the meeting, we were treated on a screening of Gone Girl (which is in cinemas right now in the UK and will be in cinemas on the 8th October in Belgium). I just... It is... I can only recommend it. It's... Speechless. You'll like Ben Affleck and you will LOVE Rosamund Pike. It's the perfect psychological thriller. If you like me to write a blog post about it, I'd be happy to. Just let me know :)

Just one more thing I'd like to share in this weeks blog post. Then I'll end it, promise :) This picture. It is Green Park at his best. You can see autumn slowly making his way in.


Green Park at his best
As promised, I'll leave it here. I thought it was going to be a short one, since nothing spectacular happend this week, but I alway surprise myself that I always find something to write about.

Thanks for reading! :)
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...