15 June 2015

Travel diary Scotland day 3, 2015: Wishing my car could fly

**warning**
This blog post is photo heavy

Hallooooooo!

As promised in yesterday's blog post, this blog post will contain a lot of photos of the viaduct. Especially since the weather was beautiful! I didn't bother bringing sunscreen as the weather forcast only prodicted cloudy weather. I guess I'll never learn -.-

http://coolspotters.com/classic-cars/ford-anglia-105e/and/movies/harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets#medium-873982


Anywaaaaays, on with today's activities.

The morning was nice and relaxed. Went downstairs around 9.00am and had the most delicious breakfast. Full scottish, a bowl of fruit and some toast. You can say I wasn't hungry at noon. By 11am I was out of the hotel, right on schedule. Until I noticed 10min into walking, that I was missing a piece of my tripot. Now, the tripot isn't the most convenient or modern thing, but it was a gift from my granddad so the emotional value is enormous. The thought I might be missing a piece made me walk all the way back to the hotel so I could check my bag. Sure enough, no reason for tears, but I was 45min behind my original 'schedule'. Not that that schedule was tight. I'm on holiday!



So this morning I wanted to walk the Viaduct trail, but finding the start of the trail was an assignment on its own! Thank god I found it though. The trail was so mind blowing beautiful. A long the way I met a girl, Carrie, from Australia who was traveling by herself through the UK and was also a Potterhead. Enough conversation material to get through the first 15min, which then led to walking the rest of the trail together and sitting underneath the viaduct for a solid hour and a half.












By 2pm Carrie went back to the train station to catch her train back to Ford William and I found a beautiful spot to do some sketching.




As I had dinner reservation at 7.30 I had a lot of time to kill and Glenfinnan just isn't that exciting. Except for the viaduct of course. So I drove to Mallaigh, out of curiosity and it was only a 40min drive away and hey, I have a car.

On my way to Mallaigh I had some of the most amazing views, but the view from Mallaigh knocked the breath right out of me. After a little wander around the tiny village, I sat on one of the rocks and just sat there. Thinking, staring and forgetting the awful living situation in London long enough to be 100% happy.









Around 6.30pm it was time to make my way back and have some delicious dinner at the hotel. Fish and chips seemed like an appropriate meal to end the day.



That was today! I hope you enjoyed it :) I sure did ^^ I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow though. We'll see I guess?

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...