16 June 2015

Travel diary Scotland day 4, 2015: "That's gonna cost the Yank the girl" - Made of Honor

Hallooooo!

I can't believe it's my fourth day already! Before I know it I'll be sitting back behind my desk :( But try not to spoil this beautiful trip with stress from work, shall I? x)


So, today was a last minute decision. Instead of driving from Glenfinnan to Boat of Garten, I decided to make a detour via Isle of Skye. The lodge I'm staying in whilst my stay in Cairngorms doesn't check in until 5pm, so I didn't saw the point of arriving too soon and then to aimlessly be wandering around. So yesterday, whilst sitting by the seaside in Mallaigh, I got this brilliant idea: why not spend the day on the Isle of Skye? Why not take the ferry in Mallaigh, drive all the way up North and then drive from there to Boat of Garten? Perfect plan!

So on my way I went. By 9.30am I was on the road. I catched the 10.45am ferry. By 12.15pm we arrived in Skye and from there it is basically straight ahead up North.

One massive bonus from this trip, which I didn't know about when I came up with the plan, was that in Portree they used this little row of houses as a location in the movie Made of Honor! 3th movie location: check. It was such an awesome surprise when I found that out x) You can say what you like about the rom com movies, but they take me the most beautiful places in the world.


From Portree I drove all the way to Staffin. Now, the pictures below are just a small selection of the 30min footage or the 200 photos that I shot. My memory cards and batteries from my cameras couldn't handle all the beautifulness (is that a word?) and my desire to capture every single sight. Half way through the day I just had to face reality that it is simply impossible to capture every single sight and still move forwards. So I lay down my cameras and used my eyes to take it all in. If you'd like to see the amazing views I got to witness today, you'll simply have to book a trip to the Isle of Skye yourself. It's worth every single penny.





I was really bumped out that I couldn't stay longer and actually hike. If you type in Isle of Skye in Google images you get all these amazing locations and views and oooh I just wish I could have stayed longer. But on the other hand I saw almost the entire east 'coast' of the isle and hey, I did go! It wasn't originally planned at all, so at least I got to see the tip of the iceberg. I'll definitely look in to booking another holiday here.




So by 3pm it was time to head to Cairngorms. It was a 3.30hour drive, so yeah, I'm not gonna lie, it was exhausting. But of course, a little break here and there. Enjoying the scenery. Taking another bizillion pictures,...




But I arrived safe and sound in the park where I'll hike with hopefully better weather. I am staying in a lodge where the walls are paper thin, so my apologies in advance if I'll be ranting about the lack of sleep in tomorrow's blog post. That crap house I'm living in in London has made my tolerance level for noise go waaaaay below zero. I'm only in my early twenties for godsake! I should be able to cope with noise.


Et voilĂ , that's it for today :) Fingers crossed for beautiful weather tomorrow! Or at least no(t much) rain!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...