4 April 2016

My new housemate can guess a movie based on soundtrack and dialogue. Bingo!

Halloooooo!!

This weekly update will not be interesting for anyone who doesn't know in what a dump I used to live and how long I've been looking for a new place to live. So feel free to clic away :)

To my aunt, uncle, sis and the few friends who occassionally read this blog: I'VE. MOVED. HOUSE!!! After 13 months of viewings, rejections, doubts and changing my mind, I've finally, finally, finally left that dump. Hurray!


My parents, amazing as they are, came over on Easter to help me move. The amount of stuff that I've collected over the 19months that I've lived in Thornton Heath is ridiculous. Thank god the new room isn't on the other side of London, so we managed to move everything in two runs on the same day. By Monday noon, nearly all my stuff was unpacked and had a new home. I have considerably less storage space than in my previous room, but that is a minor detail that I'm more than happy to compromise on. Just like the fact that the area isn't the prettiest in London.

Instead of living with 7 men, I'll be sharing an apartment with only 2 other people: the landlord and another tenant. My new housemate and I have had a couple of brief conversations and by the looks of it, we have a lot in common. Last night I was watching Pride and Prejudice on my laptop in my room. All of the sudden I heard a knock on my door. It was my new housemate and she asked: "Are you watching Pride and Prejudice? I LOVE that film!" She can guess a movie based on soundtrack and dialogue alone. My kind of crowd x) The landlord is currently on holiday, so it'll be interesting to see how it'll be when he is around as well.

Compared to the previous house, I will not have to worry if there will be electricity in the house when I get home or not. The heating works perfectly and there is a television at our disposal, although I haven't used that yet. AND THERE IS WIFI! Slowly but surely I'm making my way into the 21st century x)

I'm also about 30min away from Greenwich with public transport, so I'm guessing that I'll spent a lot of time there now that summer is around the corner ^^

Of course, whilst packing up my entire life in London in boxes, a series of movies flashed through my mind where someone moved as well... Just a little insight as to how my brains works x)

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Sex and the City (2008)

Miss Potter (2006)

It was a very busy week. First 2 days Cambridge and then on Sunday moving house, so I had to pack everything before I left for Cambridge. Luckily it was Easter Monday so still some time to relax :)

All in all, I'm very happy I finally made the decision. The busy week was so worth it and sleeping without earplugs is still a very odd sensation. I went back to Thornton Heath today to hand over the old keys to my previous landlord and when we said goodbye I couldn't get to the bus stop fast enough!! x)

If you've managed to read this post til the end, I thank you for putting up with my moaning and gloating. I'm just so darn happy. Fingers crossed it'll last!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...