18 June 2014

Walking all over town with lovely company

Halloooo!

Yet again, this blog post is a few days later than usual. But to be honest, I am just sooo tired that all I want to do when I get home is to get myself into comfy clothes and watch YouTube videos all evening until the internet gets turned off.

So, last weekend, my sister came to visit me! After not seeing her for a little over two months, I was very excited. Sam, her boyfriend, had never been to London before, so it is always fun to show a newby around ;)

Sam, HERE IS THE VIDEO. And the rest of you who know this is a video ;) Enjoy!!



Tourist Saturday
Saturday at 10 a.m. Tine and Sam arrived in St Pancras. We agreed that I would come to the hotel they were staying in. Of course, I was convinced that I knew where the hotel was, so I didn't double check the address... Turns out, I was wrong... -.- Nearly an hour went by before I finally found them. And to top everything up: it was pouring rain! And we were promised it would be raining the entire day. Yay, gotta loooove the UK...

So, what do you do when it is raining? Find something to do that is indoors. What? Exactly: shopping. Tine is, like me and my mum, a fan of Cath Kidston. We have a little shop in Leuven that sells some Cath Kidston articles, but we don't have an actual shop. And since there is a huuuge Cath Kidston store on Piccadilly, we couldn't not go. So on our way we were. Taking the tube from King's Cross to Piccadilly. I have to admit, taking the underground at this point is like a no brainer for me. Seeing Tine and Sam on the tube was kinda funny. Sorry guys, I am not making fun of you or anything, it is just what it is ^^

In the shop, Tine found what she was looking for and thanks to my student discount we got 10% off each item. Too bad you didn't came this weekend though, they are doing a saaale x) (Dangerous)
Cath Kidston all over the place!!!
After we had examined the entire store, the weather had cleared up and even the sun came through. Not ready to risk it, we set off to Hamleys, the biggest toy store. As you can see in the video, it was insane. Kids everywhere, employes playing with toys, music, etc.

Giant lego's

By the time we left Hamleys I was starving. Perfect timing for a picknick at Leicester square. As we were sitting in the sun, Tine and I realized we were not dressed for the lovely weather. Too warm!! Who would have guessed in the UK?

Since we were at Leicester square, it was more than logic to stop by in the M&M store. Tine got to fill her bag of M&M's at the large tubes. She genuinly had a blast :D
 
Discision discision
Nomnomnom

After that it was Trafalgar square time. I showed them the smallest police office ever (credits to mum and dad for this one), the lovely view on the Big Ben and we chilled by the fountains.


From there we walked aaaaall the way to the Big Ben and the London Eye, passing 10 Downing street where the Prime Minister of England lives and there were looots of people standing in front of the gate. Tssss, tourist. And here again a lovely picture of the Big Ben. You know, because I can.
The Big Ben again
After admiring the splendor of the tower, we set off to Buckingham Palace to do some guard watching. You know, you can't go to London without seeing a dude with a giant black furry hat. On our way through St Jame's Park we saw squirrels coming super close! If you had any raisins on you, you could've feed them!
Super cute!

Apparently not too impressed
After that is was time to sit doooown. We did a lot of walking you know. Chilling in Hyde park it was. 

Tourist Sunday
Today, Molly took up the courage of walking all over town and joined us. You had to be really motived x) Camden town was our first stop. As usual, I had my lovely crepe at my favorite stall. Tine and Sam got to see the awesomeness of that part of town.

After that, we took the metro to Harrods. Molly had never been there and since she'd almost leave, we had to cross off that last bullet on her to do list.
Jaws dropped that day
Once we had seen the majority of Harrods (yes Harrods is too big to go through in one day) our feet and backs where hurting. That's what you get when you are.... Oh never mind, as long as you don't complain ;) Chilling in the park it was again as it was lovely weather! Can you blame us? Exactly.

The orginal plan was to go to Notting Hill for an afternoon tea at Charlie's café where Molly had her first scone. Well, it had to be closed, didn't it? So we ended up sitting on the side walk, talking. The only thing missing was a cup of tea. But well, what you gonna do.

Tine and Sam had to be at St Pancras at 19h30, so that is when our ways parted. But not before Tine and I had a proper picture.
Hihi awesome pic sis!
So this was my weekend with my sister, Sam and Molly. I really enjoyed it! It is always nice when people come to visite because then I can show them all the places I love here in London.

As for the rest of the week, it went by so quickly. But more that on Friday, Saturday or Sunday ;) I promise I'll try to upload a lot earlier.

Oh yeah, Sam made it his quest to do as much silly moves as possible for the vlog. In my opinion he succeeded x)

Home sickness: I have to admit, this week I have had some struggles. Not crying or anything, but I think because it is almost the end, I kind of am ready to go home although I am not ready to leave this beautiful city... Struggels!
London city: As I said, not ready to leave...
New people: I got to know some people from the office lots better. People I normally don't see that often because they work on a different floor.
New words: It is not really a word, but apparently Sara and Sarah are not pronounced the same way! Confusion all over the floor!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
See you next week!

xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...